wonder why this Q hasn't come up more often in this forum

来源: Philosophied 2013-09-29 13:36:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1682 bytes)
回答: 老板提出提高英文水平的要求ctong2013-09-28 23:11:44

From what I see at work, most if not all Chinese immigrants (1st generation) have some level of issues with communication skill. Some have it more severe than others. If it gets to the point that it affects work/performance, something has to be done about it.
You can ask your boss for advice on this, but we all know that you have to be truly willing to put effort and time in working on it, and you have to come up with a plan that works for you. Courses and classes are tools that can help, those along won't solve all the problems. Also, don't have the attitude that your boss owes you a formal class/course training.In the current fiscal climate, they may not have the extra cash sitting around to send you to schools/courses, but they still expect you to improve it. Ask yourself what you have done in this area in the past? What can be done now? Compared to ppl living in China, you have an English speaking environment where many things are at your disposal if you want to take advantage of. One of the things I'd suggest is to try to post here in English which should help improve your writing skills.
Last but not least, communication skill encompasses so many areas. Vocabulary, grammar, accent reduction, flow of logic, speaking in front of a group, stage presence, control of nervousness, summary skill...it goes on and on.
On thing I am curious is how many of you here have to go from meetings to meetins all day long, and need to speak impromptu based on the audience and topic. Does that force you to think and respond in English only?

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”