Professional advice needed

来源: yiyiyangyang 2012-09-28 07:33:14 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (27062 bytes)

May I have your professional advice as how to prepare a journal? Our GL showed that a contract expense in amount of $3M was paid.  We draw the funds based on the incurred expenditures, and we booked a revenue $3M after drew.  So the revenue and expense accounts are net to zero.  Yesterday, we received actual incurred expenses from our subcontractor. My manager told us to prepare a journal entry to debit expenses and credit to against the accounts receivable. Because the $3 M was paid in advance and should be recorded to Accounts Receivable. However, we don’t know that $3M was paid in advance, all we can see is that AP department entered the expenses account when they paid.  So we when record the draw we hit the revenue account.  Now, the GL shows as follows:

DR

CR

Expense

$3M

Cash

$3M

Cash

$3M

Revenue

$3M

As I explained above, we received $1M actual contract expenses from our subcontractor, and I told my manager we cannot credit to accounts receivable because we already booked a revenue account and the original entered expense must be removed from GL so as to avoid double entries to expense account.   May I have your professional advice as how to prepare a journal to journalize the actual expenses we just received after we remove the original entered expenses that have been paid in advance.  Can I make this entry:

DR

CR

Expense (to remove original entry from GL)

$3M

AR (To record the AR not expense)

$3M

Expense (Actual received expenses)

$1M

AR

$1M

Will this journal entry affect the Revenue account? Thanks a lot for all your professional advice.

所有跟帖: 

Can anybody give me advice? Thanks in advance! -YiYiYangYang- 给 YiYiYangYang 发送悄悄话 YiYiYangYang 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/28/2012 postreply 09:03:01

回复:Professional advice needed -stock168- 给 stock168 发送悄悄话 (205 bytes) () 09/28/2012 postreply 12:57:01

回复:回复:Professional advice needed -yiyiyangyang- 给 yiyiyangyang 发送悄悄话 yiyiyangyang 的博客首页 (1428 bytes) () 09/28/2012 postreply 21:36:34

回复:Professional advice needed -kamioka- 给 kamioka 发送悄悄话 kamioka 的博客首页 (23331 bytes) () 09/29/2012 postreply 00:29:45

回复:回复:Thank you very much! -YiYiYangYang- 给 YiYiYangYang 发送悄悄话 YiYiYangYang 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/30/2012 postreply 15:38:13

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”