Need Everyone's Suggestion

来源: AGMom 2010-09-13 11:19:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1899 bytes)
Hello everyone,

I would like to hear your suggestion as how to handle the situation below:

I am a Financial Analyst for more than 10 years, currently part-time (30 hours a week), remotely work from home for my company which is thousands miles away. I do not wish to grow my career, pay was good (considering my workload before) and I can take care my kids and house works. Lots of my friends said that I had the dream job they want. Hu*****and makes enough money even I do not work, but I enjoyed working and all my collegues including my boss and his boss (CFO) are very nice to me and I thought this would last until now.

Our CFO is retiring, the new one is a very demanding person and very harsh in words. Since he started three weeks ago, I worked every minute of my six hours every day, yet he accused me not prioritize well. The retiring CFO stood up for me to argue with him, but I think that irritated the new CFO. My boss also comforted me that the new CFO treats everyone in Finance like that, so I shouldn't take that personal. Now the new CFO just piled up more work on me. What should I do?

I have three options:
1) Quit - This is an easy solution, but I am not ready for retirement yet! And it will be almost impossible for me to find a job in Finance that can work from home, part-time, pays this much.
2) Talk to my boss, stress that I am only a part-time, so he could talk to the new CFO and he can back off?? I prefer this way, but don't know how to talk and not irritate the new CFO in the mean time.
3) Tell them to pay me more money. I am pretty sure they are willing to do that, but the problem is if they give me a raise, I am sure they will feel they are entitled to have me do overtime work freely, I certainly don't want that.

So if you were me, what would you do?

Thanks for any suggestion you may have for me!!!

所有跟帖: 

It was very precious working relationship when your old -julie116- 给 julie116 发送悄悄话 (522 bytes) () 09/13/2010 postreply 11:57:41

曹孟德要借尔项上人头一用 -胡说之- 给 胡说之 发送悄悄话 胡说之 的博客首页 (4 bytes) () 09/13/2010 postreply 12:02:04

New boss may just need new hands -闲人林子- 给 闲人林子 发送悄悄话 (120 bytes) () 09/13/2010 postreply 12:14:46

老CFO帮着开脱,结果更糟 -胡说之- 给 胡说之 发送悄悄话 胡说之 的博客首页 (18 bytes) () 09/13/2010 postreply 12:44:28

some managers just don't trust people working from home -cAthy_bay- 给 cAthy_bay 发送悄悄话 cAthy_bay 的博客首页 (63 bytes) () 09/13/2010 postreply 12:43:58

谢谢各位对我的问题的分析及建议,十分中肯。我再看一个月,希望新CFO的新官上 -agmom- 给 agmom 发送悄悄话 agmom 的博客首页 (103 bytes) () 09/13/2010 postreply 17:19:23

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”