贡献熊娃的3篇UC essay

来源: wzg69 2022-03-28 22:11:30 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6328 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ wzg69 ] 在 2022-04-23 21:27:43 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

不是牛蛙,只是不共享也浪费,或许有参考之处。 Major:computer engineering

第二篇recycle commonapp作文。他自己写的几乎没修改

What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developed and demonstrated that talent over time?

When I was little, I was introduced to the vast world of the Internet. There was more information in that place than all the books in the world combined, and it was all made possible by a single computer in the living room. It was like magic to me.
In middle school, I was introduced to the world of programming. I was able to make my own computer programs and games. Through computer programming, I discovered my passion for tinkering with electronics. Throughout my high school years, I worked on many projects, I made many small games and worked on many pieces of hardware such as fpga boards for my projects. These were my first steps to making some of that magic my own.
Programming and computer science has always been a great source of creativity for me throughout the years and every step of the way, I always learn something new and exciting.
Big things are brewing on the horizon of software engineering. The emergence of things like deep neural networks and realistic virtual reality are only a glimpse of what lies ahead. I want to contribute to this field for the exciting future that awaits us, and maybe someday a kid like me will see what we have achieved and feel that spark of magic too.

Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?

There is a certain phrase I encountered as I grew up, it goes "A is for Average, B is for Bad, C is for Catastrophic, and D is for Disowned", a phrase used often to describe the intense pressure that many students face be it from family or friends. This is a phrase that I greatly despise.

When I was younger, my mother and father would always compare me to my older brother. It was always, "Garret got a 1570 on SAT and got all A's.Why can't you be more like him". I would also be scolded whenever I came home with anything other than perfection. I wasn't safe from this pressure even at school. The schools in my area are sort of famous for rigorous standards and peer pressure for high GPA. I remembered one time losing sleep days before a test due to the test determining whether or not I would get an A in that class. I would end up severely sleep deprived the day of the test and not do well, resulting in not getting that A. By the time I realized I was unnecessarily comparing myself to others and looking down on myself, I had already bought into the sick idea that grades determined one's worth..

When I stopped needlessly chasing after the goals of others, it was as if a heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I no longer compared myself to people I was not. I now have a much more balanced life, no longer chasing the shadows of my brother and friends and looking down on myself. Grades and test scores no longer mattered and I was more free than ever before. Test scores should not be the end all be all. What matters most is that you tried your best and put in your best effort. A is not for Average, B is not for Bad, a grade is just a grade, it measures neither your future success nor your self worth. Comparing yourself to others does nothing but give pressure and self loathing.

Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you have furthered this interest inside and/or outside of the classroom.

It was 4:50 am, I opened countless tabs on all the electronics retailers I knew. On the day GPUs were announced, I woke up at 4:30 am just to catch the release of these new cards. As the clock ticked ever closer to 5 am, the tension in the air rose, I cracked open my second can of soda and waited for 5 o clock. It is almost time, with 10 seconds remaining, I furiously went through all the websites I knew, Amazon, bestbuy, evga, but no luck was to be found, it was out of stock immediately.Though I was saddened that I did not manage to obtain a graphics card that day, I persevered through the next 3 months and finally managed to obtain one. Computer Science and engineering has been a major passion of mine over the years and I wish to expand my knowledge with this new technology. As technology gets better and better, many tools that were previously unthinkable have become reality. One example of this is Nvidia's tensor cores in all of their newest graphics card that enables real time ray tracing and many other new and exciting features. As a programmer, I am really interested in how I can incorporate new features into my projects and how these new technologies may affect our future. Technologies such as harvard architecture in computers may replace old and outdated technologies such as the Von Neumann architecture. Nvidia's ray tracing technology is an example of this revolutionary technology that will change the future of computer graphics and 3d rendering, allowing the creation of hyper-realistic games and animations and as a programmer, this new technology is very exciting. Computer Science and Engineering inspires me because I am introduced to this world of new and wonderful technology that one could only dream of a decade ago.

所有跟帖: 

难怪uiuc cs ucsb regents 还有什么学校都放过了低gpa, 文章挺真诚的。第一篇太多我了,第三篇很不错 -米汤- 给 米汤 发送悄悄话 米汤 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/28/2022 postreply 22:22:06

Essay 虽然没有华丽的词藻 -Firefly2015- 给 Firefly2015 发送悄悄话 (279 bytes) () 03/28/2022 postreply 22:29:48

小跃进情商高,心理上赢了 -alecwang- 给 alecwang 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/28/2022 postreply 22:31:29

高中生绝大多数都有一把projects -fantasticdream- 给 fantasticdream 发送悄悄话 fantasticdream 的博客首页 (96 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 04:52:04

很清楚自然的表现出了他的passion,更重要的是 love of learning,虽然考试分数不完美。 -windyLL- 给 windyLL 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 00:50:02

第一篇很平淡,第二篇好一些,第三篇最好 -fantasticdream- 给 fantasticdream 发送悄悄话 fantasticdream 的博客首页 (198 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 04:44:55

谢谢分享。我儿子也是 -青白丹城- 给 青白丹城 发送悄悄话 青白丹城 的博客首页 (279 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 05:47:37

机会难得,正好锻炼一下。经济男生比女生有优势 -xinxin76- 给 xinxin76 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:16:01

这个要看本州州立有多差。 读文科类的, 学校的牌子还是很重要的。 你们申请的时候,想过被录取了会不去么?孩子很懂事。 -joyce20- 给 joyce20 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:39:26

告诉他可以自己打工赚一部分学费。。。 -两女宝妈- 给 两女宝妈 发送悄悄话 两女宝妈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:51:25

谢谢分享!喜欢第三篇 -newca- 给 newca 发送悄悄话 newca 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 06:22:58

熊二写得很感人啊, 文笔不是很老练但是感情真挚, 有效滴传递了自己对CE的热爱。 -Rockeymountain- 给 Rockeymountain 发送悄悄话 Rockeymountain 的博客首页 (216 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 06:46:18

第三段看了开头我以为后面会说娃一气之下编了web crawler/robot专门抢N卡,然后 -成功的熊- 给 成功的熊 发送悄悄话 (506 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 06:57:54

我家同类娃,对所有硬件产品多少钱产商门儿清:) -徽州人家- 给 徽州人家 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:27:54

谢谢分享。 文章很真诚。 难怪打下一大堆枣。 祝入读理想学校和专业。 -joyce20- 给 joyce20 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:30:10

Sincerity and originality -yude- 给 yude 发送悄悄话 yude 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:42:35

想这么少字数又打动人,真的是挺难的:)尤其如果讲述故事的话 -两女宝妈- 给 两女宝妈 发送悄悄话 两女宝妈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:49:10

谢谢分享。 牛蛙后来去哪里了? -keeplooking- 给 keeplooking 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 07:51:39

UC Regents 钱一般不会随便给的。老二拿到是学校看到match点了。看了你前面那些贴,建议你一定要去看看学校 -Progressive- 给 Progressive 发送悄悄话 (2072 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 09:25:47

我研究了 -wzg69- 给 wzg69 发送悄悄话 wzg69 的博客首页 (816 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 09:40:47

赞!研究的很好耶。还有cadence 一类的集成设计也很有意思的。 -Progressive- 给 Progressive 发送悄悄话 (49 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 16:33:37

高水平! -yunick- 给 yunick 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 09:46:11

写得很真诚,恭喜;我女儿common essay写的和外公外婆打麻将 -CA娃妈- 给 CA娃妈 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/29/2022 postreply 09:40:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”