You under estimate tenants' rights too much

来源: nasdaq100 2015-02-11 16:14:11 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1136 bytes)
回答: 让他们走,条件是他们不告你。柠檬椰子汁2015-02-11 09:21:14
If I were the tenant, I would just request to break the lease, but I would RESERVE the right for any further legal actions. This is because --- I have evidence of mold. It doesn't matter if the landlord directly caused the problem or it was a natural disaster. It is landlord's duty to provide a safe and healthy environment for tenants. So if tenant found mold they have right to stop paying any rent until the problem has been fixed by professionals. Secondly if they can prove they got any health problem caused by mold, they can sue you and your insurance company needs to cover it at least partially. So, as tenant they are at advantegous position. How can they be afraid of you and sign such stupid "no suing" contract to break lease ? So if you tell tenants " You can only break the lease if you don't sue me.", they can just go ahead to sue you. The end result will be -- They will be allowed to break lease, and your insurance may have to cover their health cost. Don't threaten them like that. You can tell, they have already sent you letter and it shows they know the law and they are not stupid.

所有跟帖: 

Agree -chanbian- 给 chanbian 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/12/2015 postreply 09:40:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”