本期[自言自语]中英文对照:

来源: chicago80 2013-04-12 11:56:54 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (3366 bytes)
回答: 【摄坛人物】之十二 evojim华翰斋2013-04-11 08:47:43

吴聚说得好,把Jim的英文原稿也放上来:
My earliest recollection on photography was my father chasing me around in 逍遥津, 中山陵, and 外滩, with his eyes fixed downward at a huge ridiculous looking box called “Seagull”. When I arrived at JFK in 85, father greeted me behind a smaller box called “Canon”. Subsequent years, dad seemly always had that Canon around his neck on family outings during his seldom study breaks at Cornell. I promised myself never go near such a device, since I gonna be a NHL player or a F1 driver.  

That promise didn’t waver while I majored in digital signal processing in college, not even a bit during countless hours that I spent on creating image algorithms to process Lenna(a Swedish Playboy model picture, that is the standard test image for image processing algorithms). A trip to New Zealand in 2002 began the end of the promise. Milford Sound and Franz Josef Glacier took my breath away. The interaction with locals and travelers fascinated me. Yet, I still wanted to be a race car driver. Finally in 2008, I caved in by purchasing a D80 for the China trip. From then on, I tugged race driver dream in the backseat, with foot to the metal to chase the thrill of decisive moments and the excitement of capturing serendipities.  

With U2 “Still haven’t found I’m Looking For” humming in the background, my eyes gaze at Ansel Adams ‘SAND DUNES, SUNRISE, DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL MONUMENT, CALIFORNIA’ on the wall; my vision wonder into the world to capture time slices that tickle my visual and emotional fancies, in companies of Ewritt; McCurry; Franks and Smith, with that huge ridiculous looking box “Seagull”…

Jim has such a beautiful writing, I probably only translate some of his saying...

译文:

我对摄影的最早的记忆,是来自于父亲。当年他拿着一个怪异的大匣子,追着我在合肥逍遥津,南京中山陵和上海外滩玩耍。他用那个匣子盯着我,匣子上写着"海鸥"。1985年,当我来到纽约的JFK机场,父亲背着一个叫做"佳能"的小匣子来接我。在随后的几年中,父亲在康奈尔大学做研究,难得的空隙,他总是挂着那个小匣子带着全家郊游。我寻思着,自己今后绝不会碰这些小匣子,因为我的理想是成为一个NHL球员或一名F1赛车手。

我大学里学的是数字信号处理。虽然花过无数时间用图像处理算法来制作花花公子女郎伦纳的图片(这是标准测试图像的图像处理算法),居然仍没动过自己拍照片的念头。2002年新西兰之旅,我不玩相机的念头开始动摇 -- Milford海峡,Franz Josef 冰川美景和异国的风情让我如痴如醉。不过,我仍然想成为赛车手。最终,在2008年,为中国之行我不得不买了个尼康D80数码单反相机。从那以后,在运气,瞬间,快感和兴奋中,我开始追逐我的梦。

在U2的"Still haven't found I'm Looking For"喃喃的音乐中,我注视着墙上Adams的作品"沙丘,日升,加州死亡山谷国家纪念碑"。我的视觉和情感开始在时空的碎片里流连,伴随着Ewritt; McCurry; Franks and Smith,还有那童年记忆中怪异的大匣子,"海鸥"...

所有跟帖: 

you translated marvelously...ty -evojim- 给 evojim 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2013 postreply 15:09:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”