姚明:火箭更适合小林

来源: 林FAN1 2012-07-24 19:43:35 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (223 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 林FAN1 ] 在 2012-07-24 19:46:06 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Lin Follows Yao’s Steps in N.B.A. and China

“I’m so glad the Knicks didn’t match the contract,” Yao said. “Houston is a good place for Jeremy to come to. It’s a good fit because both sides can provide the best opportunity for each other.”

Yao recalled that the environment in a smaller market helped make him a better player. In eight seasons, all with the Rockets, the 7-foot-6 Yao averaged 19 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks as a center.

“In Houston, we have a very good community and great fans,” Yao said. “With less media coverage, I think it made me focus more on basketball. I think that’s one reason I played so well.”

The Rockets hope that Lin, who is of both Chinese and Taiwanese descent, can continue the franchise’s popularity in China, for which Yao was responsible.

“The people in China are very familiar with Houston,” said Yao, who, since retiring from the N.B.A. because of chronic injuries, has become the owner of the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association. “The Rockets have been a symbol here for the last 10 years, and now that can be continued. It’s great for people here. I can’t imagine them being any more excited than this.”

Last week, N.B.A. China announced a partnership with Yao to help raise basketball participation among youths in China while also holding an annual camp intended to develop elite Chinese players. Yao said passion for basketball in China has never been stronger.

“Yao absolutely triggered the interest in basketball, and a lot of the credit should go to him,” said David Shoemaker, the chief executive of N.B.A. China. “The interest in basketball has matured to where it goes beyond any player or one team.”

Ratings for N.B.A. games last season on CCTV5, the Chinese sports channel, were up 21 percent from the previous year, and page and video views on the league’s Chinese-language site reached new highs. Shoemaker said Lin certainly didn’t hurt.

“What Jeremy has done has further captivated the hearts and minds of people here,” Shoemaker said. “We’re beginning to see the fruit of that. His success will continue our success.”

所有跟帖: 

呵呵呵,居然是New York Time。NY 还是忘不了林呀,sad。 -万绿丛中- 给 万绿丛中 发送悄悄话 万绿丛中 的博客首页 (108 bytes) () 07/24/2012 postreply 20:21:00

至少看到两篇纽约时报今天的新文章. 纽约媒体寂寞啊 -Fengweidou- 给 Fengweidou 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/24/2012 postreply 21:49:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”