Tagine Report

来源: Happyyl 2012-12-20 12:44:21 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1513 bytes)

As I mentioned last time, my perceived advantages of Tagine are energy saving and tender and jucier meat since most of the steam condenses in the tall cover and returns to food below. Therefore, for these two benefits I would not spend too much money.  So I bought a small tagine pot since my family size is small. When the products arrived, they did not appear in top quality.  

Yesterday, I tried it for the first time. I cooked it with fresh pork (something like double-cooked pork but without the boiling process).  First I cut the pork into 1"x 1/4" x 2" sizes.  Fry the meat in steel pan on high heat while the spices are added (since it a pot, I suspect high heat could damage it).  Then I moved the spiced meat into the Tagine pot and piled some vegitables over the meat.  Covered and placed the tagine on medium heat (electric) for about 15 minutes.  Then I turned off the stove and waited for 3 minutes.  The total cooking time was less than 30 minutes.  During the cooking process in Tagine, only a very minor amount of steam escaped from a small hole on the cover.  Since most of the steam-water stays within the pot, no significant amounts of heat or water are lost in comparison to cooking with metal pans.  My daughter said that the food tasted better.  

Please note:  since much less water is lost in the cooking process, do not put as much water in the food as you normally do with metal cooking pans.  

所有跟帖: 

Tagine Report 2 -Happyyl- 给 Happyyl 发送悄悄话 (424 bytes) () 12/21/2012 postreply 08:46:44

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”