ZT:发给espn的一封信

来源: 丰台大营 2012-02-18 16:29:15 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1710 bytes)
背景:本周六,ESPN在其网站的头条上竟然出现“CHINK IN THE ARMOR”的大幅标题来评论林书豪的表现。对此,ESPN轻描淡写地发了个道歉。

这是我刚刚发给ESPN的信。要求开除制造此事件的人。唯有这样,才能使类似事件不再发生。

现在的通讯技术太好了,发一封信是一件极其简单的事情。花5分钟的时间,为保护我们这个社会的公平正义作出你的贡献。

地址:JOHN.KOSNER@ESPN.com; ESPNPR@ESPN.COM

=============================================================

Subject Line: Action is louder than words. Request of action for your headline racial slur.

Dear Mr. Kosner,

As a member of the Chinese-American community, I am appalled by the racial slur appeared on your headline. I am appalled because such an racial remark came from a world wide renowned organization such as ESPN, on a land founded on the pillarstone of justice and equality, in this 21st Century after more than a hundred years of the Civil Rights act, and in such an audacious and blatant manner as a Headline.

To me, this is not only a racial slur which damages the Chinese-American community, but also an open challenge to our founding fathers' effort to establish this nation as a land of "Justice and Equality".

I understand you have issued an apology. In my mind, this measure is far less than what is needed to recover the damage it has caused. I respecfully request you to remove those from their posts who have directly involved and caused this to happen. This action is not only show your seriousness about zero-tolerance on racial bias but also a solid measure to prevent future happening of similar event.

I, along with millions of Chinese-Americans, look forward to your prompt action in this matter.Thank you in advance!

所有跟帖: 

这ESPN也太欺负人了! -湘西山民- 给 湘西山民 发送悄悄话 (72 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 16:41:23

写得好! -林卡- 给 林卡 发送悄悄话 (96 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 19:01:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标