i have a different opinion

来源: Ragnarok 2011-07-07 00:03:12 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1067 bytes)

correct me if i were wrong.  supposedly, the cpl will only allow lights of certain polarity to go through, while normal sunlights contain lights of all kinds of polarity.  your cpl will work the best when the lens points to sky that is 90 degree (perpendicular) from the sun (perpendicular), and filters lights less when you point it more to the sun.  theoretically, you always get less or equal amount of lights depending on the angle, doesn't matter what objects that is reflecting the lights. 

here may be the problem, if you are using a cpl and you are using the sky as a reference for your middle gray (object to set for middle gray exposure), you MAY overexpose the cloud because lights reflected from the cloud may not get filtered as much as the blue sky.  to compensate the darkened blue sky, the camera will ask for more exposure, while the lights reflected from the cloud do not get filtered as much as the blue sky, the cloud will become overexposed when you set the sky to middle gray under the cpl.

所有跟帖: 

I think we all have the same understanding. -菜鸟show- 给 菜鸟show 发送悄悄话 菜鸟show 的博客首页 (1383 bytes) () 07/07/2011 postreply 07:55:20

there is one slight difference i said above -ragnarok- 给 ragnarok 发送悄悄话 (1576 bytes) () 07/07/2011 postreply 09:44:45

I agree with you. Using spot metering would find the best -菜鸟show- 给 菜鸟show 发送悄悄话 菜鸟show 的博客首页 (1605 bytes) () 07/07/2011 postreply 10:18:15

actually, the zone system is very easy and helpful -ragnarok- 给 ragnarok 发送悄悄话 (193 bytes) () 07/07/2011 postreply 10:29:21

Thank you very much, ragnarok! -菜鸟show- 给 菜鸟show 发送悄悄话 菜鸟show 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/07/2011 postreply 10:48:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”