About pressure cooker

来源: elian 2011-11-05 16:55:43 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1650 bytes)

Guys, I've searched pressure cooker online for about 2 hours and found out the following:

Most electric ones have problem on the lid, it either loses steam or hard to put on.

Traditional pressure cooker is easier to use and lives longer. However, Fagor brand has a defection on the pressure handle. There's a pink button/knot on the handle that melts after a while under high heat,causing losing pressure.

The best option is presto 01362.The price is right and there's least problem related with pressure cooking. The only would-be problem is the stainless steel finishing needs to be maintained carefully. Otherwise there'll be spots and rusty. It needs to be washed with mild dish detergent and towel dry thoroughly. In some area tap water can be harmful for stainless steel appliances. The water might be too hard for stainless steel. So you got to dry it totally each time before putting it away.

Don't ever buy aluminum appliances, even though they're a lot cheaper, cuz it's very toxic and may cause Alzheimer and other chronic diseases in the long run. Mind teflon covering also, it's not good for health and can get scratched easily. Cuisinart electric pressure cooker has it on the inner pot. It's $80 @ Bed bath and beyond after 20% discount. Pretty tempting price.

My conclusion is to stick with traditional pressure cooker. It is a safer bet and usually good for your money. Too many problems with the electric ones compared with the higher price.

I'll pay 38 bucks for the Pesto 01362 at amazon.com. Hope it'll last for a few years.

所有跟帖: 

活在地球上真危险,俺明天买票回火星了。 -馒头鲤鱼- 给 馒头鲤鱼 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/05/2011 postreply 21:46:27

没错 -elian- 给 elian 发送悄悄话 (88 bytes) () 11/06/2011 postreply 08:25:51

I have this cooker, it's good in general except the plastic hand -奇奇^- 给 奇奇^ 发送悄悄话 奇奇^ 的博客首页 (533 bytes) () 11/06/2011 postreply 12:32:35

当用高压锅做米饭时,等放气一响,就打到中火,5分钟后,讲锅从炉子上移开(煤气炉子关后放在上面没有关系) -卖紫色布的- 给 卖紫色布的 发送悄悄话 卖紫色布的 的博客首页 (43 bytes) () 11/07/2011 postreply 09:17:33

我说burnt的是这款高压锅的塑料手柄... -奇奇^- 给 奇奇^ 发送悄悄话 奇奇^ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2011 postreply 10:14:51

噢,那你家用的是煤气炉还是电炉? 我本来想买一个,得弄明白点。谢啦。 -卖紫色布的- 给 卖紫色布的 发送悄悄话 卖紫色布的 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2011 postreply 15:09:44

关于高压锅,这是我见得的最精辟的研究成果。绝对--赞!!! -卖紫色布的- 给 卖紫色布的 发送悄悄话 卖紫色布的 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/07/2011 postreply 09:10:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”