questions on negotiating strategy on purchasing a house

来源: muyih 2010-07-27 16:48:25 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1694 bytes)
I have been looking to buy a house for a few months. I believe this is the buyer's market, so I have been very patient on finding a good deal.
A few weeks ago, I came across this house, the price dropped to 199.9k from original listing price 219.9k ( I live in a small town, 500k can buy a huge house here). I thought the owner was eager to sell from the sharp price mark down. So, there maybe room for negotiation to drop down the price even further. So I contact my original agent, express my intention about this house to him, he wasn't eager to help me. A few days ago, I found a different agent, she looked into this property, and found out it's a short sale, she said we/listing agent deal directly with the bank, the owner was not involved. And also the listing agent told her she was going to ask the bank to drop the price further, because so far nobody made a offer yet.
I looked at the house, it's a good house at a pretty good location (It's not a "wow" house, but very decent). If the price is right, I would buy it. I told my agent I would like to wait until the price drop again to make an offer then. I think it will be easier for me to bargain with the bank to a lower price this way. But my agent would like to make an offer now, advise me to just keep my bottom line, walk away if I cannot accept their price. What do you folks think which is a better way? I am not eager to move into a house, all I want is to get a bargain (sorry, I am a bargain hunter). I have patience for the right thing. I will be on a three weeks' vacation to China in a few weeks anyway.
I never purchased a house before, please give me your adivses, or your opinions, thanks a lot.

所有跟帖: 

you cant bargin blindly -bluedoll- 给 bluedoll 发送悄悄话 (449 bytes) () 07/27/2010 postreply 18:28:34

回复:you cant bargin blindly -muyih- 给 muyih 发送悄悄话 (261 bytes) () 07/27/2010 postreply 19:07:22

I agree with the agent, if you like the house, offer them a bone -jy101- 给 jy101 发送悄悄话 jy101 的博客首页 (27 bytes) () 07/27/2010 postreply 21:37:34

thank you -muyih- 给 muyih 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2010 postreply 05:56:54

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”