DBA的小虾米,每天听show好福气.各个地方不一样,不到三年不要离

来源: 美国老土 2009-09-29 08:34:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (3815 bytes)
一个多月前找了这份工,是APPLICATION DBA,做的东西实在太简单了.
-- Congratulations! You are so lucky!
-- Yes, DBA job is pretty dumb, with several limited command, you use it agin and again. If you have any problem which you don't know how to solve, Oracle Support is always behind you, they can always give the answer.

环境倒真不错,离家近,同事关系和谐,上班就像来听COMEDY SHOW,整天有人讲笑话,连我老板都会不时唱唱歌什么的.
-- Somebody pay you $$$ to enjoy the show everyday? I wish I am 小虾米!!!
-- Enjoy it, enjoy it! You are so lucky!

可是就是工作没有挑战性.就配合DEVELOPER,对DATABASE做些简单的修改.
-- Do run the script which developers asked you to run, blame them if the code can't scale up on production later on;
-- Of course you also need review the code and tell them this is piece of junk which works well in a small test/dev environment but will fail once enroll into production and once the concurrent users increased to more than one million users;
-- They may not believe you in the first time, but once their users reached more than one million three years later, they will know what you said is true and you are not in there any more. (Too bad!)
-- Use your speared time read Oracle document, read any Oracle books you can get, for example: Oracle RAC, Oracle trouble shooting, Oracle performance tuning;
-- Still fell bored? Do you know the answer of following questions?
?? If I have a 10 nodes Oracle 10g RAC running on Sun Solaris 9 right now, how do I add the 11th node which is using Solaris 10?
?? I have a primary Oracle 10g RAC database which is running with Solaris 9, Can I set up a Physical stand by with Solaris 10?
?? How do I find corrupted blocks in the database?
?? I observed high volume of wait event in the database named: "enq: HW", what is the problem and how to get rid of it?
-- You will earn more $$ for your next job if you find the answer for all the above questions, so it is a good time to prepare it now for the interviews in three years later.

考虑到将来,不知道是否该换换?目前这个项目还有三年的合同期,是先轻松三年还是该尽早离开?
-- This is a no-brainer's question, of course STAY!!!

不知道其他DBA都工作忙吗?
-- It depends.
-- If you support and maintain the 24x7 mission critical production system, your job is very serious, but you are not busy most of the time, because the system can't be down. People even don't know there is a DBA in the company. So you enjoy vacation every day.
-- However, once the production has problem, for example, Sun Server CPU Ecache problem, you will be called immediately no matter where you are. That can happen in the Thanksgiving night when you are in the Mall to do the Black Friday early morning shopping. That can also happen during you watching the show of Celebrate the 60 year's birthday of our motherland. Whenever this happened, you have to login immediately and solve the problem immediately, otherwise the business will stuck.
-- How lucky you are to be a Application DBA, you do not have to deal with this kind of problem. Therefore, STAY, enjoy life for al least three years!

还是就像老土说的那样:DBA钱多工作轻松?
-- Glad to see you are on a DBA job which is listed near "Computer Scientist" on the book of The most demand job in the coming 10 years;
-- Glad you have a job which somebody pay you pretty good $$ and watch nice show everyday!
-- Glad you have a job which you can always jump easily if you don't like the current place.
-- There are almost half million large enterprise companies in the world where Oracle Application/database is being used, it is no problem for you to find another job in any big city where you would like to live, so what is your worry? STAY! STAY! STAY!
Thanks!
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”