“I am all cash now” is the new fashion

来源: longtermInvestor 2008-09-24 14:47:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1746 bytes)
in Wall Street. Today, on discussion forums, I encountered more posts declaring "I am all cash now". On the contrast, Buffett announced an investment of 5 billion in a financial company yesterday: Goldman Sachs. We witnessed dramatic events happening on Wall Street, bankruptcy of Lehman, government bailout of AIG, Merrill sold itself to Bank of America. The horrible events also prompted institutional investors to pull out billions of funds from money market fund, causing a bank run. US government announced a emergency proposal to take the troubled mortgage loans from financial industry, aiming to solve current crisis from the root. The estimated cost of proposal is $700 billion. I could not imagine a worse week than last week. What else could be more horrible? I think the bottom for financial is very near, although we would not know how long the market will stay there.

I started to use margin again in recent weeks. I paid off my credit card debts and margin after I made a bundle on abk, mbi and ago. Now I am back. I feels a little bit proud of myself, dare to maximize my buying powers through the horrible events. I know this is very dangerous, it is famous on Wall Street that market can be irrational longer than you can be solvent. I am gradually reducing my positions to avoid a sudden dive of the market. I am also seeking to borrow some money from credit card. I am investing in stocks like I am paying a mortgage off. Scarcity leads to great value, right now capital is very scarce in the market which means it is unbelievable expensive, so now is not a time to hoarding cash. Buffett has been hoarding cash for years, he is waiting for this historic moment to exert his cash power, why should I do the opposite?

所有跟帖: 

回复:“I am all cash now” is the new fashion -birdbear- 给 birdbear 发送悄悄话 birdbear 的博客首页 (53 bytes) () 09/24/2008 postreply 15:07:07

do u have another name on these forums? I smell -longtermInvestor- 给 longtermInvestor 发送悄悄话 (7 bytes) () 09/24/2008 postreply 15:14:36

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”