The guards lost the game for the Lakers

来源: lake3peat 2008-11-15 11:38:03 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4518 bytes)
The Lakers perimeter game totally abandoned them. With no one able to stretch the floor, Detroit packed the paint, making life difficult all around for the Laker offense. With Kobe having another rough night from outside, he struggled to find room to operate inside.

Fisher is taking more shots per game than Jose Calderon, Steve Nash and Jason Kidd. And he is taking more shots in this game than either Pau or Bynum. In the first quarter alone, he took 3-4 bad shots, most of which are quick pull-ups in transition, while the bigs were still trailing. I don't know why he is allowed to do this. It is the coaches' fault as well.

Kobe looks like he has a personal vendetta playing against the Pistons. And this is not the first time and that plays right into their hands. During the crunch time, he would just dribble end-to-end and launch a 3pt. He actually scored very efficiently this way, but it took away the team game. I don't understand why Phil didn't want to run some plays. It is still early in the season and there is no big deal to lose. It's more important for the team to gel and develop set plays.

That said, Kobe and Fish missed many open looks. Kobe even missed two quick elbow catch-and-shoot in a row. And every shot Vlad missed is a great look. Pistons' defense is definitely good but it is made great because they could pack the paint better since the Lakers were totally lost in their perimeter game.

On the other hand, Pau and Bynum combined for 9/18. Of course Pau missed a few money shots and Bynum even missed a dunk. But the bigs were not involved in this game as much as they should be. Defensively, the Lakers strong-side zone was exposed because the Pistons did a lot of high screen roll near the top of the arc. And Rasheed was able to connect most of his 3pt shots early. Somehow, plays like that set the tone and rattle the defense.

The real weakness in Lakers defense is the weak-side recovery against good 3pt teams like NO and Boston. But against NO, they did OK because of the long, quick players in Odom and Ariza, even Vlad. But if the other teams' big gets really hot 20ft from the basket, it is a huge problem. Fortunately, there not many bigs who can shoot 3pt well to draw the Lakers bigs out that far. Rasheed and Okur, are the only two I can think of.

I used to like Hubbie Brown because of his insight as a coach. But I feel he's been in this commentator business for too long and he lost his edge. He oversanalyze and oversensationalize just like the other guys now. Any sane person should know that a player benefits from the system as much as he does the system, Steve Nash being a prime example. AI is great, and I like everything about him except for the way he fakes excessive contact to get calls. He definitely energized this team but on the other hand, since everybody was making shots left and right, he got better room to operate and of course, better stats as well. I am also tired of the way Hubbie lauded the Pistons bigs. He said they totally dominated the Lakers bigs. And that's because, ...they rebounded more? Well, duh, if the offense misses many shots, the defenders will get many more rebounds. It is all because of the poor outing of the Lakers guards. They didn't set up the bigs well, and they didn't shoot well so the Pistons could stay with their men without the need to scramble, cover and recover.

Once again, the guards lost this game. 17-52 between the starting PG, SG and SF tells you the story.

One comment about the refs: there are a few questionable calls in Lakers favor at the end, like one of Kobe's steals and another forced turn-over
when Hamilton "stepped" out of bound. But overall, the Pistons got the better end of it. AI is known to initiate contact to buy a foul and he was awarded handsomely. In the 4th, there are at least two consecutive plays when he faked a contact sideways while going straight. On the other hand, Rasheed was never called for pushing Kobe in the back, twice when Kobe was attacking the basket. But that's not the worst. If you pay attention to the way they double Kobe, you'd see almost every time, when Kobe tried to curl around Rasheed, he got pushed sideways, with both hands. Talking about both hands, those two-arm arm bars by Prince and Alflalo definitely worked well in preventing Kobe from going into the painted area. Last time I checked, Alflalo is only in his third year, why did he get away with plays like that?

所有跟帖: 

Just say Pistons own Lakers, will you? twice a -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 过 的博客首页 (157 bytes) () 11/15/2008 postreply 16:02:38

Pistons own Lakers. Happy now? -lake3peat- 给 lake3peat 发送悄悄话 (81 bytes) () 11/15/2008 postreply 17:23:54

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”