Giants, the road warriors.

来源: Giantfan 2008-01-21 07:22:15 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4268 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Giantfan ] 在 2008-01-22 10:30:42 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Brett Favre is a legend, a great hu*****and, a gunslinger. The Green Bay Packers is a classy organization, one of my favorite non-Giants teams. It is hard for me to root against them but they are on our way to Super Bowl so they must be defeated!

I was in Binghamton, NY on Saturday. The temperature dropped to 25 degree at night. When I stepped out of my car, I was shivering in wind. The next day was worse. It was 18 degree under the sun. I then realized how absurd people having idea that playing football on a frozen tundra is a huge advantage for Green Bay. The Giants is not from Florida. It is from NY, a northeastern state. Brett Favre said that they practiced in indoor facilities during winter so how does the freezing weather make the Packers a more superior team than the Giants?

I rushed home (NYC) to catch up the game (thanks NFL for starting the game @6:30pm ET). Surprisingly, there was no traffic at all in a sunny day(people from tri-state areas should be familiar with notorious traffic jams in NJ and Lincoln/Holland tunnels). It was a auspicious sign for the Giants (grin). I got home way ahead of my schedule so I had time to take a warm bath then I anchored myself in front of the TV (to watch the game between the Packers, the youngest team in the league, and the Giants, the 3rd youngest team in the league).

Every football fan watched the game so there is no need to detail it. The Giants were well prepared (to play in cold). The offense was sharp. Eli Manning was more manned than Brett and had another solid game (20-41, 254 yard, 0 td, 0 int, his stat should be better if his receivers didn't drop too many balls). He put the team in the position to win time after time. The defense was terrific. Other than one broke play (CB Webster fell down to the ground then the Packers had a free 90 yard TD pass but Webster redeemed himself to intercept Favre's pass during OT) the defense only gave up 174 yard for the rest of the game. The special team continued to be a force and kept giving the offense good field positions.

Brett Favre played fairly good but the Giants completely took away the Packers' running offense (only 28 yards gain). The Giants dominated the time of possession (40 to 22 min) so B.Favre's hand was kept cold while their defense gased out on field. Their offensive line had great pass protection but didn't do much to open up lanes for their RB. The score shouldn't be that close but, hey, it is a game played in a sub-zero environment even the reliable hand-McQuarter fumbled twice in the game (one after he intercepted Farve and another one was during his run in the punt return).

I want to defend the kicker here. The first one he missed was a 43-yarder. The second one was faulted on the long snapper. He nailed the 47-yarder to seal the game and became the first non-Packer kicker to score a FG>40 yard in post-season. It was freezing and windy and he had to kick in a hostile, unfamiliar environment and, more importantly, he is a Scottish(grin). It is amazing that the coaches still had confidence on him after two misses and that he still had it in himself. Great kick and great relief for all Giants fans.

People who attribute the Giant's victories to pure luck are plain wrong. I wonder if they watch the same games as I do. The Giants right now is a great disciplined team. They play with urgency and confidence. They show up to play every game and play with high intensity. They have only 1 probowler but they outplayed all probowler teams so far. Plaxico Burress, for example, abused the Packers pro bowl CB Al Harris last night with only one healthy foot (he played with a partially torn ligament and a sprained ankle throughout the season). This Giants team has heart and character.

The Giants set a NFL record with yesterday's win-10 consecutive road win in a season (if you have question don't dispute me. It was announced by NFL). They are the real Road Warriors! Here they come, Glendale, Arizona (my brother lives there but he is interested in soccer and basketball only). I look forward to witness them to extend their record to 11 road win. Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!

所有跟帖: 

Oh, come on, doesn't every kicker have to face the hostile -realtiger- 给 realtiger 发送悄悄话 realtiger 的博客首页 (229 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 07:41:11

I hear you, man, but I emphasized that he was a rookie -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (223 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 07:53:43

Now it is your turn to organize an overnight part in front -CarCrazier- 给 CarCrazier 发送悄悄话 (65 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 07:59:13

Not necessary, man. Remember that the last game they played -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (175 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:02:53

Such a high confidence? Good for you -CarCrazier- 给 CarCrazier 发送悄悄话 (104 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:05:41

Eli's stats in good and bad weather -nuxrl- 给 nuxrl 发送悄悄话 nuxrl 的博客首页 (184 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 07:57:05

Good rerference. But just tell us Eli is good in -CarCrazier- 给 CarCrazier 发送悄悄话 (73 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:03:27

Eli will be fine in dry, desert weather -nuxrl- 给 nuxrl 发送悄悄话 nuxrl 的博客首页 (40 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:06:15

Good enough, thanx, pal. -CarCrazier- 给 CarCrazier 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:07:09

Have to say that Manning was the man. Not only on the -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (245 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 07:59:51

Thanks but I want you to root against them one more time buddy : -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:05:30

Go Giants! Beat NE! -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (130 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:13:23

Some one suggested that you reverse the cheer:-) -CarCrazier- 给 CarCrazier 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:16:13

oh, yeah? I am who I am, not God, haha. Go Giants! -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 08:23:02

辛苦了,替你们高兴,虽然这场球谁赢我都没所谓。 -车头- 给 车头 发送悄悄话 车头 的博客首页 (38 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 11:23:46

Thanks & Based on NFL rules,AFC champion will be considered -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (85 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 11:44:17

我知道,那大部分只是用来作为队衣颜色的选择,我是指真正主场。 -车头- 给 车头 发送悄悄话 车头 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/21/2008 postreply 12:41:45

4th qt. -bigass- 给 bigass 发送悄悄话 (164 bytes) () 01/23/2008 postreply 08:46:11

what a bunch of shut-uppers -bigass- 给 bigass 发送悄悄话 (228 bytes) () 01/23/2008 postreply 08:52:07

Go Pats!!! -humblepie- 给 humblepie 发送悄悄话 (139 bytes) () 01/30/2008 postreply 05:24:23

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”