The Giants did it again!!!!!!!

来源: Giantfan 2008-01-14 08:00:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2783 bytes)
Two weeks in a row the Giants as an underdog upset two home teams in playoff rounds. This week they did it to the Cowboys.

The matchup didn't look well to the Giants. The Cowboys have 12 pro bowlers while the Giants have 1. The Cowboys have all starters healthy and one bye week to nurse the wounds while the Giants' #1 CB Sam Madison and #3 CB Kevin Dockery had to sit out due to injury. To make the matter worst, the Giants #2 CB Aaron Ross sprained his shoulder in early 3rd quarter and the Giants had to replace him with Pope, a player from practice squad. The Giants MLB Antonio Pierce summed it up the best, it is a all star team vs all Joe team game.

This game reminds me the movie "little giants". Nobody but the Giants' fans think that the Giants have a chance. Earlier in the week, Dallas WR Patrick Crayton had talked trash about the Giants (he publicly implicated that the Giants sucked). The Cowboys coach Wade Phillips openly declared that the Cowboys were unbeatable. Before the game, Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones had given each of his players two tickets to the NFC Championship Game for family and friends, assuming Dallas would win. The hosts in Fox pre game show spent 15 minutes to talk about the Dallas' game plans to play against Green Bay this coming Sunday. Even this forum regular 过, who claims himself as an underdog cheerleader and never follow up the stars, picked the almighty TO led-Cowboys over the poor Giants.

And the Giants stunned the world. I assume that every football lover has watched the game. I don't want to talk too much about the game here. The Cowboys kept shooting at their own foot by committing too many penalities (the ref actually missed some false start penalties against Dallas) while the Giants was a more disciplined team (the Giants didn't even have one false start in Texas Stadium, amazing!) The Giants special team outplayed the Cowboys' counterpart. The Giants offense was more efficient as they scored TDs at rare opportunities. Their defense finally got to Romo as the Cowboys offensive line wore out at the second half. This victory is result of a total team effort.

To make the victory more sweet, Jimmy Johnson, long time Giants hater, eats the crow. The Giants defeated the Cowboys at the game that counts the most and the Giants is 1:0 vs the Cowboys in post season. The Giants extend the Cowboys playoff win drought to 12 years.

Two records was set yesterday. The Cowboys became the first #1 seed to lose the first playoff game since the league adopted the 12 playoff team format in 1990. The Giants own the longest winning streak on road in NFL history (9 game so far and go for 10 in GB this weekend).

所有跟帖: 

On the streak -bigass- 给 bigass 发送悄悄话 (111 bytes) () 01/14/2008 postreply 08:19:15

was in NY -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/14/2008 postreply 08:20:00

回复:was in NY -wenhq- 给 wenhq 发送悄悄话 (237 bytes) () 01/14/2008 postreply 13:02:38

Congrat, body. I've told you so about underdogs. But the -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (307 bytes) () 01/14/2008 postreply 10:57:04

Thanks but I want to be your buddy not "body" lol -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/14/2008 postreply 11:00:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”