过 & 沉默是垃圾, I didn't have time to visit this forum

来源: Giantfan 2008-01-02 08:31:57 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4079 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Giantfan ] 在 2008-01-02 15:58:21 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
during holiday or weekends. I hope that you had a great time yesterday and that this post is not too late to reply.

To clarify, my previous post was not arguing to which side of NE team contributing more toward their remarkable success but was strictly for 过's initial post. I believe that 沉默是垃圾 & I had the same reason to post replies on 过's remark of "girls and pretended fans".

If you are interested or have some free time, you can search and read the football articles that I wrote in the past. I have repeatedly declared myself as "defense first" type of guy. My identity as New York Giants' fan is further proof because of NYG's traditional reputation of great defense and smashmouth football. I had once attempted to defend the statement: "Great offense wins games but great defense wins championships." in this forum. I totally agree that NE's defense played a crucial part in winning a perfect season for the team.

I respect 过's personal football choices and preferrence but I think that 过's "girls and pretended fans" remark is not a fair statement. If I am not mistaken, 过 grouped fans who love watching offense and stars as girls and pretended fans. That made me post to defend those fans.

If you have a chance to re-read my previous post, you should see what I tried to do. 过 claimed to be careless of stats but 过 brought up sacks and fumbles (should I add FF & FR?), two important stats to evaluate a team's defense performance. Did he contradict himself here? 过 looks down on fans who follow up football stars, Tom Brady in this case, but 过 forgets the fact that football stars like Ray Lewis made the 2000 Ravens' defense superior, not to mention that they had HOF TE Shannon Sharpe on offense. It is not hard to imagine what the 2000 Ravens' defense would look like if they lacked skilled players in key positions though they had perfect teamwork and coordination.

I was kind of upset as 过 completely twisted my words or 过 misunderstood them at all. I was trying to say that football fans tend to worship football star players regardless of their off-field problems but 过 went to wrong direction.

Every pro football team dreams to field a long term dominant defense. I simply stated the obvious by saying that NFL prevented them from doing so in my previous post. Why can't the Ravens duplicate their success after winning super bowl in 2000 like the Giants did during 1985-1990? It is because they lost their DC M. Lewis to the Bengals? Retirement of fat Tony Goose and Shannon Sharpe? Salary Cap/Free agency? Why can't the 2002 Tampa Bay team sustain their success neither? While every team has pretty much the same personnel as last season's, why did this year's defense sucks and last year's didn't?

过 wants the Patriots to lose badly throughout the season. Once every team that NE faced failed to do so, 过 concluded that defense sucks this season. Why can't we give credit to where it is due? NE's offense is insane with addition of Randy Moss this year. Tom Brady is spectacular, their OL is formidable, and they even have a great third WR in Weinke (not sure about spelling tho). Indeed, stats like weekly rankings are useless but Records are proper illustration of individual accomplishment. Tom Brady threw 50 TD in a season and his TD's give his team opportunities to win a perfect season. Why is this record rendered meaningless? On the other hand, how can the Patriots succeed if they didn't have great team work and rough defense?

Before I stopped I have to rant a little bit. The league really wants NE to go undefeated in the season and it helps them with officiating as I saw continuous holdings by NE's OL in Giants' game without getting called. Well, football is a business. Money determines the results.

Finally, I want this to continue as a friendly discussion only. I hope that it doesn't turn into "who sucks" finger pointing war.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for the long post. I always say NE is a great team -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (466 bytes) () 01/02/2008 postreply 09:49:31

As I said I respect your football preferrence. I -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (1477 bytes) () 01/02/2008 postreply 10:46:09

Defense is under-appreciated in general, especially -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (752 bytes) () 01/02/2008 postreply 11:28:18

Every pro QB could do what you just mentioned but I -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (561 bytes) () 01/02/2008 postreply 11:57:20

I am not a NFL offiial or a team GM. I am just a fan. If they -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (184 bytes) () 01/02/2008 postreply 12:41:17

Continue. It's also a fact that women tend to idol stars -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (964 bytes) () 01/03/2008 postreply 06:07:12

Do you have any favorite football players on mind? -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (1519 bytes) () 01/03/2008 postreply 07:52:19

Pistons! Football, where I live the team has not been good. -- 给 过 发送悄悄话 (166 bytes) () 01/03/2008 postreply 08:08:42

Pistons and Patriots! -wolfe- 给 wolfe 发送悄悄话 (55 bytes) () 01/07/2008 postreply 01:31:42

If you are defensive plays and running plays fans, the past week -沉默是垃圾- 给 沉默是垃圾 发送悄悄话 (569 bytes) () 01/07/2008 postreply 07:06:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”