全职妈妈,在家四年,没去学习过,找到工作,2Mile---one year later, changing job

来源: willows 2008-07-31 13:20:09 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3235 bytes)
全职妈妈,在家四年,没去学习过,找到工作,2Mile

I have been working in a pre-clinical biotech company for more than a year. There are so many things I don’t like this company. The turn over rate is quite high. There were 3 open houses for the last 12 months. I see new faces almost every month. That’s why I got hired last year, though. People would not stay here long. I am paid below the market price. There are other issues at department I work, too. I though about changing job and started looking 6 months ago. But, I could not get any on-site interview. I just keep looking from internet and newspaper. 4 weeks ago, I found a post at local newspaper. There is a clinical data coordinator post ion that march my clinical background (MD from China) and my computer skill (MSIS degree from US, working in DM department, and worked in IS department of a big biotech company). I have always wanted to be in the clinical research filed.

I got a phone call for phone interview 3 weeks ago. Before that I searched the internet to learn about them, what they are doing, who is in the research department (a Russian guy, last name ended with ---SKIY). I didn’t do it before sending résumé. I found out it is on the same street with my current job, more close to my home by 25%, or 0.5 mile). I went to the first interview two weeks ago. Before that, I prepared my interview skills by google, like searching something like (INTERVIEW QUESTIONS + BEST ANSWERS) and searching the job title and found out the salary, job requirements, and responsible. I met 7 people at that doctors’ office, 4 doctors, 2 guys working in the research department and 1 office administer (like HR, told me about benefit). They are amazed by my background and experience. No double, I am the best qualified people for that job from the hard skill side. After sending them thank you letter the same day, I got respond for the second interview immediately. I was a little upset, not the offer. Google again for (SECOND INTEVIEW), found out it will focus more on the soft skill side to see if I am the best fit for their team. And there are two more doctors in their office for me to see.
I went to second interview to see two more doctors and tour their office building. I got offer one week later.

That position is new opening due to their growing. There have 2 people in the research department right now, so I will be cross trained to do everything. So I can handle all the responsibility when they are out of office. Good for me, I want to not only analyze data, but be involved to the whole process. This doctors group is growing well due to the cancer patient population increase. They also asked if I am comfortable to face those patients at the very end of their life. They are so sick, that is why they are selected to do the phase I clinical trail, normal treatment didn’t work for them. They will increase to 10 doctors and more to new and big building in 2-3 years. They may join a local hospital as an oncology unit.
I know there are some MD from China, got a MS in IS or CS. That is the field for you, growing industry, no outsource worrying, very good job security.

所有跟帖: 

祝贺!懂数据搞分析哪都要,钱不少压力小干到老.不知学啥学爱梯,不知干啥就打他(Data)- -美国老土- 给 美国老土 发送悄悄话 美国老土 的博客首页 (586 bytes) () 07/31/2008 postreply 14:28:46

恭喜. -两孩妈- 给 两孩妈 发送悄悄话 (300 bytes) () 07/31/2008 postreply 18:51:46

在哪儿,Rockville, MD -willows- 给 willows 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/01/2008 postreply 14:22:51

plause! You have so many degrees, you are so smart. -热锅ing- 给 热锅ing 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/31/2008 postreply 19:09:49

回复:能问问这个工作的title 是什么,需求多吗? -beijing_2008- 给 beijing_2008 发送悄悄话 (10 bytes) () 08/01/2008 postreply 05:21:21

For MD from China -willows- 给 willows 发送悄悄话 (159 bytes) () 08/01/2008 postreply 14:21:56

回复:全职妈妈,在家四年,没去学习过,找到工作,2Mile---one year later, changing job -MDinchina- 给 MDinchina 发送悄悄话 (214 bytes) () 08/01/2008 postreply 18:29:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”