good time to buy is now, I still like FMD a lot

来源: longtermInvestor 2007-08-14 21:52:29 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1856 bytes)
Well, the market is volatile, I have been too busy recently to watch the markets, besides I do not have any funds available to buy because I was assigned 200 shares of FMD not long ago and carrying a 10,000 margin. Still I like to say the best time to invest is now. We can not predict the bottom, but we can average in, buy 10 shares to start today, and 10/50/100 more later.

FMD just published its earning report for last year and last quarter, the
performance is outstanding, "First Marblehead Announces Full Year and Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2007 Results: Net Income Up 57% and Earnings Per Share Up 60% for the Year". p/e is low, peg is even lower, while you wait for market to recover, you get 2.9% divident to reward your waiting. In its earnings call, FMD's management is bullish on its future. Student loan is a total different beast from housing loans, but FMD is down along with the whole loan mess. This is the rare chance a long term invester is seeking for making a fortune. Here is an article giving better reasoning than my own wording:

http://financial.seekingalpha.com/article/43980

The financial guru, bankstock.com's Tom Brown has increased its holding on FMD in its most recent quarterly report.

People make money in stock market when they buy undervalued, good quality stocks, especially growth stocks with big market potential.

There maybe a good chance that FMD's stock may tank in September. FMD may decide not to sell BBB rated loan in the secondary market because of bad market condition at that time, it will not be a fatal defeat, it is something minor, if it do tank, that would be a rare chance to get rich quickly. It may not tank at all.

Just some rambling on the current market and FMD, I see a lot of good buying opportunities, but my hands are tied, can not do much.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢推荐。 -BayFamily- 给 BayFamily 发送悄悄话 BayFamily 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2007 postreply 23:14:41

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”