Share one unsuccessful on-site interview experience

This is a business, management, and legal company. They were interested in my technical background. Initially, I never thought I could receive any call for on-site interview b/c I just emailed my resume for test. This company with quite good reputation did give me an on-site interview, maybe because we are very close. It is uust two hours driving, though they did provide hotel lodge. So they may want to bring me up for a look. Certainly I expected to do my best.

During the interview, I felt quite good. I have one previous on-site that I did not want to take that job and just considered it a free trip and interview experience. This time, I learned the previous lesson: not high enough motivation to work for them. The two way communications in general are in relaxed atomosphere. After interview, I sent thank-you to all the interviewers (5 senior level, 1 junior). The junior and one senior responded to my thank-you and said they enjoyed my visit and conversation.

Anyhow, all in all, I received a formal rejection letter from them, which said "...Everyone with whom you met found your background to be impressive and enjoyed meeting with you. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have an opening for a person with your precise qualification. Our needs to periodically change, and therefore we encourage you to contact us in the next year for possible positions. ...". In the first place, I do not hope too much to get such an luxurious offer in very good location from such company. and I use it for interview experience learning for my other on-sites later on. But I still think very hard where I turned them off. Does the statement in the rejection letter truly reflect the situation or just some general "Ke Tao Hua"?

Maybe as some friend in this forum pointed out earlier that when you feel very good, very confident, or very relaxed, you may be at a quite dangerous situation: your guard is off. Maybe I am gradually too relaxed in the interview process as it goes on and something I said or behaved gave some signals that I am not mature enough? Really think hard.

Just share this experince with friends here and welcome any comments. I am keeping moving.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!