回复:Managers are paid to get the job done.

来源: LilyBD 2007-06-17 19:07:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2323 bytes)
回答: Shall I reply my boss's email?LilyBD2007-06-17 16:53:19
Thanks. I already sent him another email last week because I was too mad. I am always top performer before I have this boss. I did the deliverable schedule and emailed to him. He added another date and emailed out without any discussions with us and no reminder in past 2 months. Even I was cc'd in the email, I thought the schedule was the same one I sent to him. I didn't discover this 2 month later and he was mad bacuase there was no way we could meet this date. It is so frastrating to work for him.

This is the email I sent to him, I know it is rude but I can not stop myself.

Why you always send criticism through email? I don't
think you even understand what I tried to say. Are you
mad because XXX could not be done? Do you assume work will get done by just adding a date on the schedule without even telling us? I didn't know this at all so they were not on my plan. With my thousands emails about schedule and plan for the past 3 months, neither you or Ron said or added anything, why you blame me for everything at this point?

Here is his reply:

I did not criticize you or anyone else. I am not mad about anything. I don't blame you for everything. I can't discuss Ron's performance with you so I do not mention him. I simply stated the facts and did not name names. Look at what you wrote below. You said you set these deadlines 3 months ago and they were not met. That shows a real issue with planning and execution. Why get mad at me? It is not my fault. Same with XXX. You missed it. That is not my fault. Do NOT get mad at me and try to blame me. You should be mad at yourself and work to get better. This nonsense has to stop. I told you that yesterday. I will help you. I have real issues that need to be addressed. Why don't you work with me to address these issues?

I talked with him in the office the next day. He seemed didn't get mad at me. My hu*****and said I was like 5 years old and he didn't feel anything wrong with my boss' emails. My boss sent me another email after I appolized to him about my rude emails:

It was good to talk with you also. I want you to know that I value your contributions very much. I also enjoy working with you. You are very talented and I want you to be the best you can be.

所有跟帖: 

做管理的大忌:get emotional and personal -布衣之才- 给 布衣之才 发送悄悄话 布衣之才 的博客首页 (111 bytes) () 06/17/2007 postreply 21:58:27

DOn't complain!, it never helps you even a little bit! -武侠天地- 给 武侠天地 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2007 postreply 08:53:07

你的email太可怕了, 请和你丈夫好好谈谈如何和人说话把 -真是土包子- 给 真是土包子 发送悄悄话 真是土包子 的博客首页 (352 bytes) () 06/18/2007 postreply 09:16:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”