回复:到米国近十年, 我第一次成了玛丽她爸. 我失业了!

来源: ca2004 2007-03-15 22:33:11 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1595 bytes)
My hu*****and's fist lay off is very bad experiece. He job a job in CA, so I quit my job and whole family (two kids) moved to CA. I have a hard time to find a job. After we just bought a house, he had problem with his boss, she give my hu*****and one notice to complain his job performance is not satisfied...(I ask my friend, they say company can not fire you untill they give you three notices)..... I am keeping looking for job, but no offer.... Then, My hu*****and'd Father passed away. So he ask for several days off to go back to china. His boss is very nice, tell him he can take several days off to take care. Then on the last day of his work before go back to china, His boss give him a lay off notice. At that time, we just bought a house several month ago. We enven borrowed money by taking loan gainst our car to pay down payment for our house (seller payed closing cost for us).

Any way, we have very little cash. Two little kids, I am still looking for job. unemployee benefit will not cover mortgage.

Well, that time, computer job just getting more and more. My hu*****and get a IT contractor job. For several years, we have no good health insurace. We just bought insurace by ourself.

For last 15 years. My hu*****and get lay off three times and I got lay off once. quit once because my hu*****and find job in another city.

Both my hu*****and and I have Ph.D. But now we both are working in IT field.

Both of us have no degree in computer field. But we still get good pay. In USA, people think if you can get Ph.D, you are smart enough to do anything.

所有跟帖: 

Ph.d. to do IT job is a easy money! nice! -美国老土- 给 美国老土 发送悄悄话 美国老土 的博客首页 (283 bytes) () 03/17/2007 postreply 19:50:26

Really? I got a PhD. in biochemistry, can I work in IT? -ylmm- 给 ylmm 发送悄悄话 ylmm 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/22/2007 postreply 11:41:07

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”