Sorry to chime in.

来源: Warsteiner 2006-03-21 11:07:52 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1931 bytes)
Rockets has the worst roster in the whole league. Outside of Yao Ming and Tracy, none, not one single player will start for another team. Rafer, Wesley, Howard, Swift are all solid role players, who can contribute off the bench, but not as a starter. Maybe Rafer can make an argument. Rockets bench, simply put, are just sorry. They are bunch of NDBLers, who would not make any average NBA teams. How could you call that a good team?

I replied to you about the new coach thing. I think one should have a replacement in mind first, before you can dump the current one. Avery is good, but he's not someone Cuban just digged out from nowhere. He was a leader for many years, as a player. In the Spurs team, he was the vocal leader, instead of TD. He was assistant coach of Nelly, who built the team from scratch, and stamped that high offensive tempo on that Marvs team. Dirk is in his prime. Look at their roster, look at the young guns they have, look at their bench, they have frigging Stackhouse, a formal franchise player, all-star coming of the bench! And rockets have NDBLer to start the game. It's not even funny.

How could you call that to Avery's credit only? Lots of assistant coaches steping into head coach positions, are home-grown. They went from assistant -> internal -> formal head coach. Stan, Rick Carlisle, Avery and bunch of other all went through that way. The organization have a clear look of your qualifications, and keep the continuity.

NBA head coach is not an easy task as some of the internet lurker made it out to be. The risk to go for some total unknown commodity is simply too high. Simply saying replace JVG with some good assistant coach (no name was given, except for some unavailable head coaches of other teams), is too easy to say. if you think that would fix Rockets' problem, that would be too easy and too good to be true. Anything too good to be true, is not true.

所有跟帖: 

that is my reply to your post on the second page -pacificoregon- 给 pacificoregon 发送悄悄话 (553 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 11:16:52

sorry, didn't see you have already posted a similar post. -江小鱼儿- 给 江小鱼儿 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 11:20:21

although i agree w/ you on the key points... -江小鱼儿- 给 江小鱼儿 发送悄悄话 (336 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 11:19:38

What I am saying is that you need to have something -Warsteiner- 给 Warsteiner 发送悄悄话 Warsteiner 的博客首页 (42 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 11:31:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”