You are right at one thing,

来源: Warsteiner 2006-03-21 09:27:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1605 bytes)
回答: Tell me, which top player ever change the wayWarsteiner2006-03-21 06:20:29
that pick and roll costs Yao Ming energy. Therefore, with more and more offensive load, Yao Ming has been setting less screens. If you really watch the games closely, you should be able to notice.

However, one thing you are dead wrong, and it's on pick and roll again. It's never about surprise. That's so antient old, it's never going to surprise anyone. However, when you run it correctly, you have success - creating open shots. Given Yao Ming's size and solid base, he's simply the best pick in the league. Setting a good screen may not end up on sportscenter highlight, it does not count as assit, so it may not get casual fans' attention that it's valuable for a team success. But, it's appreciated by coaches and players, it's so effective, that Cuban had to make a videotape to send it to the league office, begging them to be more strict on Yao Ming's picks.

It's called using his strength for the team success, not to pad his stats. My argument was simply that great teams and great players don't change the way they play according to opponents, but force the opposing teams to change to deal with them. I see Yao Ming on a good way to become one of those great players. Sound or not, I believe as a franchise player, he has to play to his strength to a perfection, and stick to his guns. Unless, you think he's just a role player, who should adjust game by game, following players like Kaman.

BTW, I have seen so many posts calling for the JVG fire, would you mind giving a few options to replace him now? That would make the conversation more interesting.

所有跟帖: 

It can still be surprising if you mix differnt plays -pacificoregon- 给 pacificoregon 发送悄悄话 (679 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 09:53:25

I do not think I like VGD either -Smart- 给 Smart 发送悄悄话 (1011 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 10:25:58

It will depends on the situation -pacificoregon- 给 pacificoregon 发送悄悄话 (757 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 10:36:00

You need to have a replacement before you dump JVG. -Warsteiner- 给 Warsteiner 发送悄悄话 Warsteiner 的博客首页 (2834 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 10:45:59

回复:You need to have a replacement before you dump JVG. -pacificoregon- 给 pacificoregon 发送悄悄话 (491 bytes) () 03/21/2006 postreply 11:12:22

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”