转贴:来自CLUTCHFANS

来源: 1-2-3-4 2006-03-09 12:15:01 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2724 bytes)
dear mr. dawson,

i've been a rockets fan for a while. how long? my original "favorite nba player" was calvin murphy. so i've seen some icons come and go.

the biggest waste that i had the misfortune of watching/experiencing was hakeem olajuwon's teams from the late 80s to early 90s. there was about a four to five year period where olajuwon was truly at his peak - after the lloyd/wiggins/lucas fiascos and before the championship years. he was a beast. that time was completely squandered because we paired olajuwon with castoffs and chumps. buck johnson ring a bell?

had olajuwon been surrounded with better players, he would have accumulated 2 or 3 more rings - easily - and the debate really would have been on about who is the greatest player of all time - jordan or olajuwon.

seeing yao recently reminds me of that time with olajuwon because i don't want to see us squander his prime years away. do whatever it takes to surround yao with durable, competent playmakers and shooters. dare to be great. if that means moving tmac in the offseason, do it. if that means passing up on certain free agents because they won't defer to yao, do it. but, for the love of granville waiters, don't force yao to carry this team on his own.

swift was a good signing. i see the logic behind it. i even see why juwan plays big minutes. it's hard to trade someone with a big contract that doesn't see the court.

mike james for alston? good trade. we needed someone to push the ball harder, distribute the ball better, and make headier plays. the only problem i see with it is that we didn't replace the "spark plug" that james was. we still are missing someone to come into the game (in the backcourt) and change the energy of the game. head's not that kind of player. he doesn't have that kind of edge.

derek anderson? i'm guessing that there were locker room issues i, as a fan, am not privy to.

overall, i have confidence in you. but i want you to know that as rocket fans, we see that yao is starting to "believe". we already felt that he would become "the one", but now, i think he is starting to "know it." the way that a rookie comes into the league and everything is, generally, too fast for him, is the way yao played his first few years. now, the game has slowed down. he's dictating, as opposed to reacting.

now it's your turn. dictate to the league that this team, this rocket team, will be the blueprint. we dont' have to retool our roster to match up with the san antonio spurts or the detroit pistols. let them react to us. dare to do it cd! we're all behind you....and most of us are behind jeff, too.

thx,
verse

所有跟帖: 

Nice to see that Yao Ming got respected overall. -longzhong- 给 longzhong 发送悄悄话 (26 bytes) () 03/09/2006 postreply 12:39:11

It's truly amazing to see Yao Ming getting his -Warsteiner- 给 Warsteiner 发送悄悄话 Warsteiner 的博客首页 (283 bytes) () 03/09/2006 postreply 12:45:53

其实我猜测这也是火箭队的组队思路。 -1-2-3-4- 给 1-2-3-4 发送悄悄话 (314 bytes) () 03/09/2006 postreply 12:51:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”