as an avid reader of Three Kingdoms, I have to point out

来源: thrawn 2006-09-19 12:09:10 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2499 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ thrawn ] 在 2006-09-19 20:46:23 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
about Mao's interpretation of Zhuge Liang's strategy. The setup of Zhuge Liang 兵分两路,进取中原 is to separate the enemy's forces and achieve what Mao had said, 兵分两路,进取中原. With Wu as an ally, Zhuge Liang would have 3 ways to separate Wei's forces. Even without Wu's help, he could have used 荆州 forces as an distraction by attacking. I believe he let Guan Yu to attack first was the distraction and he probably was preparing for his main forces with Liu Bei to attack Wei from 益州. Using the two/three directions, he could have endlessly tire Wei by attacking separately at each time just like Mao did. 荆州is the central focal point that leads to Wei, Wu, and Shu territories. Therefore it is an important strategical point and so easy to draw other powers to this area if used correctly.

2nd, in Jie Ting, 毛泽东评点道:“初战亮宜自临阵" and the writer interpret as 张合围困马谡之时,诸葛亮当北进街亭,策应马谡,与张合展开决战,战胜张合? 张合 was only the vanguard, the main force of 司马懿 hadn't arrive yet. if Zhuge Liang attack 张合 and 司马懿 speeds up, he would have faced a battle front and behind. Even if he broke through 张合 and retreated south through 街亭, he would have 司马懿 on his tail while 街亭 wasn't a place for fast retreat. The losses to supplies and morale would have been tremendous. He needed to save as much as he can for next time. He understood that he couldn't save 马谡 no matter what and the whole battle condition couldn't be salvaged now even by 北进街亭 to do final battle with 司马懿 therefore he strategically withdrew first. He did sent reinforcement after he knew 马谡's mistake but already guess it would be too late. He made the right call after made the mistake of using 马谡.

3rd, I believe 司马懿 only wish to defend and not attack Zhuge Liang in the last battle because everytime 司马懿 attacked Zhuge Liang, something ALWAYS goes wrong for him. Never mind that he was almost killed in the ambush Zhuge Liang had setup earlier against his last attack. He know in the past, Zhuge Liang always retreated because of supplies therefore all he need was wait it out. He could afford to wait because of Wei's strong economical foundation. Shu needed to fight fast and end fast. Perhaps Zhuge Liang was bit impatient so instead of the usual retreat, he went farming with his army and preparing for an prolonged war. I see that 司马懿 tactically is inferior to Zhuge Liang but strategically he is at least equal to him.

所有跟帖: 

You should read "SanGuoZhi", which is more accurate than -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (78 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 12:15:28

true. I'll definitely look it up. If you did, tell me the reason -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (32 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 12:28:05

Sorry for my late reply because I have a job to deal with (grin) -Giantfan- 给 Giantfan 发送悄悄话 (1298 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 13:19:18

sure, but in SanGuoZhi, it said the ZGL sent Ma Su AHEAD, -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (733 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 13:39:49

looking at the present map of Gansu, I can see the -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (1161 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 16:59:21

ok, I just read some about Ma and Jie Ting in 三国志. -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (702 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 13:12:32

also come to think of it. Liu Bei did visit ZGL 3 times to ask -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (364 bytes) () 09/19/2006 postreply 13:24:39

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”