Heated over 500F, PTFE emits fume that can be toxic

来源: weston 2006-06-18 18:04:05 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1139 bytes)
to birds, and might be harmful to people who have respiratory diseases. On the other hand, birds are not good indications for people, since heating butter will produce fume that may kill birds.

Generally one shouldn't heat beyond the smoking points of oils used in cooking. Here is a ref page:
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/CollectedInfo/OilSmokePoints.htm

I have several types of pans, I like stainless wares that have aluminum or copper disks at bottom, these pans heat quickly and evenly (e.g. Scanpan stainless) Multi-ply pans work well too (e.g. All-Clad, Cuisnart Multiclad), but heavier. Most of stir fry or saute are done in a stainless saute pan, and sticky ingredients like fish fillet are prepared in Scanpan pans then added in a saute pan with other ingredients.

For real high heat, like searing meat, I prefer Le Creuset pans. And finish them off either in the same pan or in a stainless pan where the sauce is prepared.

Once you're used to the idea of using diff pans for diff temperatures, it's pretty easy to manage. It's just hard to find one pan that can do it all.

所有跟帖: 

佩服,多谢指教! -惬意微风- 给 惬意微风 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/19/2006 postreply 17:44:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”