Kitchen scale experiment

来源: 风信 2005-12-10 18:27:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1418 bytes)
In order to take advantage of the wonderful recipes in this forum, I just ran to Target and bought a $29 chefmate kitchen scale (supposed to measure up to 4.4 lb) and found it to be very inaccurate/inconsistent. I wonder if anyone had the same experience. Could anyone who liked their kitench scales do some similar experiment and let me know if yours work right?

My first experiment: pouring 500ml water (a new measuring cup) into a mixing bowl, the scale showed less than 400 grams. I was not sure at the moment whether the scale or the measuring cup was wrong although I knew deep down it's probably the scale.

In order to trust this adorable little scale I did a series of really dorky experiments: measuring 30 ml of water from an old little measuring cup and it was accurate; measuring a unopened package of food (1lb) and it was about right; and putting 500ml water bottles onto the scale one by one and it starts to break after two bottles.

The final experiment was lethal. I put one 500 ml bottle of water to north, west, south, east of the measuring disc and the results ranged from 330g - 540g. In order to exclude the factor of unevenness of table, I turned the scale and the results repeated.

I am kind of sad it didn't work out. I also wonder if I didn't do everything ahead and just used it assuming it's accurate, maybe I will still make all the great dishes.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Kitchen scale experiment -MayX- 给 MayX 发送悄悄话 (201 bytes) () 12/10/2005 postreply 18:47:40

厨房用的称要求也不能太高了,呵呵,要么退了重新买 -田螺姑娘- 给 田螺姑娘 发送悄悄话 田螺姑娘 的博客首页 (55 bytes) () 12/10/2005 postreply 19:35:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”