Chinese school in America

来源: noworry 2004-12-30 09:39:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3051 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ noworry ] 在 2005-01-05 10:43:30 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
First, let me tell that I am for or against Chinese school. But I want to ask you ladies and gentlemen some questions since so many chatters here are talking about it.

1. Are you still Chinese citizen or American citizen or are going to be American citizen?
2. If you prefer to be American citizen, is Chinese or Chinese culture that important to your kids?
3. Does anyone in America nowadays really care much who you are, but what you are?
4. If America is become worse, for instance economically for whatever reason, do you or your kids want to go back to China and become Chinese citizens or can you and your kids do it?
5. Who is more likely successful in America, more Americanized or more Chinese mentalized Chinese American?
6. If Chinese and Chinese culture is that good and necessary, why do you come to America and why America is richer and better than China? Do you think that it would be easy and convenient to study Chinese and Chinese culture in China?
7. Do you think that would be much better if you try your very best to be just American? Anyway you want to stay in America; at least you want your kids to stay in America, am I right?
8. I know that a lot of Chinese Americans would love to say China is bad here and there. But why do you like to gather together again at a so-called Chinese school since you don’t need to or have to?
9. I know China has super market and knowing Chinese and Chinese culture may help kids’ career. But don’t you think that your kids’ career starts in America not in China? And America will offer more opportunities more than any country in the world?
10. Should kids make more friends rather than just Chinese, for instance, have more friends of whites, blacks, Hispanics, Indians, Koreans, Japanese, etc? Is that really good to circle your kids just in Chinese community every weekend?
11. Is it true that Chinese is more time consuming and difficult to learn than other languages? If it is, why you force your kids and waste so much time to learn it? For what?
12. What is the big deal if your kids don’t know Chinese or Chinese culture if you think above questions well?
13. The final but very important question, should the kids love America better and more than China? I ask this question because I have to whenever we are talking about Chinese school. You know that some Chinese Americans would love to say that those who don’t want their kids to study Chinese forget their roots. That’s not necessarily true at all. For instance, I have no plan to ask my kids to study Chinese, but if you come to my home and you will see that I love China dearly and my kids have a great passion and love to China.

Finally, if you like your kids go to Chinese school, then go to Chinese school. You just don’t go to if you really do feel it is necessary. I don’t know much about Chinese school though I live in very large metropolitan. But I’ve heard a lot about it. It seems that Chinese school needs some improvements.

所有跟帖: 

Chinese school in just a plac -学中文- 给 学中文 发送悄悄话 (967 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 11:12:56

I think you are either crazy -areyoucr- 给 areyoucr 发送悄悄话 (200 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 14:20:12

If you think that I am crazy -NoWorry- 给 NoWorry 发送悄悄话 (189 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 14:47:16

你有点极端, 我姐姐就是这样的, 不让孩子说一句中文 -两个孩子都很好- 给 两个孩子都很好 发送悄悄话 (72 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 14:46:02

回复:Chinese school in America -long123- 给 long123 发送悄悄话 (46 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 17:52:12

回复:Chinese school in America -scoopydoo- 给 scoopydoo 发送悄悄话 (394 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 18:31:27

回复:Chinese school in America -seeInside- 给 seeInside 发送悄悄话 (516 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 18:53:19

Kids think differently -checkit- 给 checkit 发送悄悄话 (728 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 19:00:06

回复:Chinese school in America -maiya- 给 maiya 发送悄悄话 (1331 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 19:17:52

I am so agree what you stated! -水点- 给 水点 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 20:26:55

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!