回复:Chinese school in America

来源: maiya 2004-12-30 19:17:52 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1331 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ maiya ] 在 2005-01-05 10:43:30 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
You are asking very good questions. Here are just my 2 cents:
I think it's very important for Chinese people here to be united, afterall we share some common background and common interest. Chinese american can only be stronger and have more political or economical clout as a group. And our next generation carries certain responsibilty for this as well. Look at Jews. As someone here said already, you may be an American citizen, but you can not change the fact that your ethnic background is Chinese.
Also right now the world is moving towards globalization, American culture and chinese culture are quite different in many ways. Knowing both of them will be beneficial to you as well as to the society as a whole. Of couse you can argue that for this logic, you can pick up any other second language, like Spanish, true, but with Chinese, you already have a great advantage.
I think both Chinese and american culture have many good things to learn from.
Interestingly, I know quite a few American couples who adopted Chinese girls. They are taking troubles to take their kids to Chinese church and/or Chinese schools.
When my kids grow up, I want them to feel proud being an american citizen as well as a Chinese. With more exposure to diverse cultures, they will be less likely to be biased or narrow minded.

所有跟帖: 

I am so agree what you stated! -水点- 给 水点 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2004 postreply 20:26:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”