Let your boss know you

来源: Darma 2004-11-08 11:16:10 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1432 bytes)
I think it's very important to keep your boss informed and let him know you not only through your work but also as a person, e.g. your personality etc.

Since you are doing same thing every month, you may not need to report to your boss on a formal fashion, e.g. calling a meeting for it.

However, if I were you, I'd stop by his office once a while when he seems not busy. I'd just talk with him for a couple of minutes or sometimes chitchat with him maybe on Friday afternoon (usually people are not busy on Friday afternoon), so that he knows I am doing my work and he knows me as a person.

When I have a question and he instructed me how to handle it, I would send him an email updating him about my action and the result afterwards.

When there is communication about an important issue(again, IMPORTANT issue) between me and other people, I would cc my boss and keep him in the communication loop. So whenever he sees a potential problem through the discussions, he can jump in.

I would ask my boss periodically how he thinks my work and where I can improve further.

I would invite my boss for lunch sometimes, so that we can talk something else besides work. To establish a good and close relationship with your boss is always not a bad thing.

In conclusion, it's very important to keep your boss informed. However, you need to have a good judgment on when to do that.

所有跟帖: 

Darsu nodding at Darma... -andy- 给 andy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2004 postreply 11:25:16

wink! wink! 兩位常委怎麼老這麼對眼儿﹖ ﹕) -realblue- 给 realblue 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2004 postreply 11:43:48

don't know the reason -andy- 给 andy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2004 postreply 11:48:19

都是闲人 -Darma- 给 Darma 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2004 postreply 11:59:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”