Aoubt lung cancer and the loss of Eugene 肺癌,尤勤...

来源: jaydad 2009-07-12 19:58:12 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10592 bytes)
The multi-billion dollar American Cancer Society tells you, 9 out of 10 lung cancers are caused by smoking (http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/content/CRI_2_2_2x_What_Causes_Non-small_Cell_Lung_Cancer.asp?sitearea=);

The all powerful National Cancer Institute tells you 87% of all lung cancers are caused by cigarette smoking (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/tobacco/cancer);

Both tell you that for the remaining 10-13% nonsmokers who develop lung cancer, a significant portion of them are result of second-hand smoking. They don't give you number, but they very well mean more half or more according to their use of the English word, "significant".

Radon is the only mentioned other cause of lung cancer. If Radon is responsible for the rest, beside 1st-hand and 2nd-hand smokings, the maximum % can be about 5-6% of all lung cancers.

A*****estos is also mentioned here and there. But, if you understand the pathogenesis of a*****estosis, you know it is not exactly/ entirely lung cancer they are talking about, it is mesothelioma - generally not considered as lung cancer as it occurs outside the lung.

Unfortunately, these are black and white LIES, lies told intentionally by the government, and by cancer-profiteering organizations such as ACS, and lies told innocently by many many other non-suspecting people and organizations, like you.

If you believe like I do, that there are many other multi-national corporations, besides phillip morris, or RJ Reynolds, that are responsible for the pollution of atmosphere, as well as pollution of indoor air in people's home, that are eventually responsible for many thousands of lung cancers - You are out of luck. Our government and our beloved American Cancer Society have concluded with steel-fist and stone-brain that there is no other industry but the tobacco that is behind the cause of lung cancer.

Now let me tell you the truth. Are you ready?

Up until early this decade (the 00s), statistics from US hospitals showed that 87% of all lung cancer patients smoke, or have once smoked, or have used tobacco in some other form. It does not matter how many packs you smoke, or how long you have been smoking. If you ever touched tobacco product, you are labeled as smoker (former or current, occassional, social, light or heavy).

What is really striking and stupid, insulting, and mind-raping, was that the government took this 87% statistics, and turned it around, and tell the whole world, that tobacco smoking causes 87% of all lung cancers. ACS is certainly the world champion in fighting tobacco companies, not exactly for your and mine health as some of you might believe, they are there for the big money, you fool!

You might say, what's the big deal, 87% or not, who cares. Let me tell you, it is big deal for those who are affected by lung cancer. 200,000+ per year in the United States, diagnosed. If you are in this situation - you smoked a few cigarettes during high school and college years, mainly out of social occassions, but you never were hooked, and now you are diagnosed with lung cancer, and you are a FORMER SMOKER! And your former smoking caused or contributed to your cancer, most doctors will say that!! No big deal, yeah, not until you have to deal with it yourself.

What is much worse, is not the blaming factor. Government and powerful non-government big mouths have firmly concluded that lung cancer is a disease of the addicted, a disease of self-inflicted suicidal behavior, a disease whose carrier is to be sympathesized as well as condemned. THEREFORE, why spend huge amount of money on lung cancer research? There is no need. We the government and the American Cancer Society have long ago found the cure for lung cancer. The cure is called "QUITTING".

Lung cancer is one of the most deadly of all cancers, just behind pancreatic cancer and perhaps some form of brain cancer. And, it has remain one of the deadliest cancer for many many years. Five-year survival for lung cancer patients has not improved over the decades. Breast cancer was very deadly several decades ago, look at it today, nearly 80% survive 5 years and beyond and some are getting "cured". If I tell you that government funding into breast cancer research is 10x, 20x more than into lung cancer, can you find a correlation between research spending and 5-year survival? Lung cancer patients are condemned to die, by default.

About 160,000 die a year, from lung cancer. 40,000 from breast cancer. Yet, they want nearly every penny going into breast cancer, not lung cancer, because it is POLITICALLY correct for breast cancer, wrong for lung cancer - the smoker's cancer.

Now imagine, you are one of the 30,000 never-smokers who are diagnosed with lung cancer every year. The government and ACS tell you "QUIT" is also your cure. You find you are having the wrong cancer - politically wrong cancer. You are condemned. Most likely you are diagnosed with late or terminal stage cancer because for lung cancer there is no early detection to speak of, your treatment options are very limited. How can you not start to fall in love with ACS? Wow, to quit. Quit God-damn what, ACS?

The truth is, nowaday approximately 60% of all those who are freahly diagnosed with lung cancer are non-smokers. And patients are getting younger and younger, many in their 40s, 30s. The youngest lung cancer patient I know is a girl, 16 years of age when diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer last year. Her mother is now my friend. How heart-breaking! Try tell her to quit. The NCI, and the American Cancer Society need to QUIT raping people's mind, or they will some day be sued for committing crime against humanity.

I happen to know, to have knowledge of, or to have communicated with more than a dozen lung cancer patients of Chinese background, some still alive, majority are dead, majority are not old people. Not a single one of them smoke. They all have adenocarcinoma. Most diagnosed too late. Right now, Tarceva is about the only "advanced" targeted therapy available for lung cancer patients, but both success rate and success duration are very disappointing. Simply put, doctors have "killed" (I don't mean murder, but it is the doctor who had to be the one pull the breathing or feeding tube) so many lung cancer patients, but they don't really understand enough about lung cancer to help the majority, thanks to NIH for not funding lung cancer research (or wasting into lung cancer research - from politician's angle).

Cigarette smoking can cause cancer. Even a legal idiot knows that thanks to ACS. Smoking is famously responsible for most small cell (oat cell) lung cancer - this pathology type accounts for about 10% of all lung cancers. These patients are usually old people, smoking for many years and decades, and smoking heavily. Peter Jennings was famous example. Smoking is also responsible for many squamous cell lung cancers, exact percentage not known. Smoking is less responsible for adenocarcinomas, as most nonsmokers lung cancers belong to this pathology category - exact percentage by smoking is again not known. More trouble-some is the mysterious causes of so many nonsmoker adenocarcinomas in recent years in younger and younger patients. US population smoking rate has been dropping for several decades by now, from 40+% in 1970s to less than 20% now. However, lung cancer diagnosis keeps increasing year by year, showing little sign of falling off plateau. And incidence of lung adenocarcinoma is rising dramatically. Why don't the government and ACS tell you that?!

Eugene's tragic death touched many people, especially those who frequent the photography forum at wenxuecity like myself. It gets to my nerve. I feel the tremendous pain his death caused to his family - advanced age parents, middle age wife and yet-to-come-of-age kids. I want people to realize

1) nonsmoker people get lung cancer - 30,000 per year in the US! This number alone almost equalizes with 33,000 pancreatic cancer diagnosis in US. Pay attention. It could be anyone, smoking or NONSMOKING. It could be you or your family!!! Dry cough, unexplained back pain, other unexplained physical dread - now you should try to think the possibility of a lung cancer.

2) who killed Eugene? He, like almost all 30,000 nonsmoker LC patients, would never had thought he could come down with lung cancer. But he did. And he died from it soon after diagnosis. Whose fault? American Cancer Society, and National Cancer Institute!! They killed Eugene. Had there been early detection program, he could have been saved by surgery if his cancer was caught up in early stage. Had there been enough research done into understanding, managing and turning lung cancer into chronic disease such as that with HIV/AIDS, Eugene could have been still alive and functioning very well as hu*****and, father, chemist and our beloved photographic artist.

Exact cause of nonsmoker lung cancer is hard to determine and even harder to authenticated, as the government most likely do not stand by anything but smoking. It could be Eugene's exposure to uranium decay products in his childhood, could be his exposure to occupational volatile chemicals, or could just be his living in an area of relatively higher industrial air-borne pollutants (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/environment/county-cancer-map.htm) - we will never know for sure. But, we know, almost for sure, it was not tobacco smoking.

At tragic event like this, unless you are a politician who is always in need of being politically correct, you rave eloquently about first hand smoking second hand smoking bla bla, and ACS said this said that, I will tell you it is time to start to use your own brain, or stay shut. No matter what your original intention, please respect - this is time to mourn the loss the Eugene, time to tell the truth about lung cancer and especially nonsmoker lung cancer, and time to help fellow chinese to get better warned, educated, and even prepared about this politically wrong disease. Unfortunately as it goes today, many more will have to live with or die from it for the years to come.

A*****estos is also mentioned here and there. But, if you understand the pathogenesis of a*****estosis, you know it is not exactly/ entirely lung cancer they are talking about, it is mesothelioma.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Aoubt lung cancer and the loss of Eugene 肺癌,尤勤... -swati- 给 swati 发送悄悄话 (1046 bytes) () 07/13/2009 postreply 11:50:25

invention of cigarette smoking -jaydad- 给 jaydad 发送悄悄话 jaydad 的博客首页 (2582 bytes) () 07/13/2009 postreply 13:41:43

回复:invention of cigarette smoking -swati- 给 swati 发送悄悄话 (148 bytes) () 07/13/2009 postreply 19:47:18

suspected causes -jaydad- 给 jaydad 发送悄悄话 jaydad 的博客首页 (6623 bytes) () 07/13/2009 postreply 20:16:58

回复:ever -jaydad- 给 jaydad 发送悄悄话 jaydad 的博客首页 (183 bytes) () 07/14/2009 postreply 09:51:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”