‘Olive Oil Fraud’ oils that failed to meet EVOO欧州 standards:---这些是假的，美国超市也在卖，但人们知道不纯.
- Filippo Berio
- Newman’s Own
- Whole Foods
Which Olive Oils Passed the EVOO Standards?--这些是真的，但也要买正牌的。
- Bariani Olive Oil is Stone Crushed, Cold Pressed, Decanted, and Unfiltered California Extra Virgin Olive Oil and they are committed to producing an authentic extra virgin olive oil which is raw. Weston Price recommends this oil.
- Corto Olive – can sometimes be purchased at Costco.
- Cobram Estate – Australia’s most awarded extra virgin olive oil
- California Olive Ranch – Award winning olive oil brand. It is in a tinted glass bottle protects oil and is 100% grown and made in California.
- Kirkland Organic – Amazon says: “Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil certified organic by the USDA. Made from the first cold pressing.” Comments on Amazon: of the 478 people who gave stars, 73% gave 5 stars.I have to say it is a very delicious olive oil, tasting like real olives; I’m just finishing up the bottle I bought.
- Lucero (Ascolano)
- McEvoy Ranch Organic
- Ottavio – good olive oil but in a plastic bottle.
- Whole Foods California 365 – 100% Californian, Unfiltered, Cold Processed, California Olive Oil Council – Certified Extra Virgin
- Olea Estates 100% extra virgin olive oil i- This olive oil is grown on a single family farm in Greece and is a great tasting olive oil.
Consumer Reports (September 2012 issue), published results of a taste test of 138 bottles of extra
virgin olive oil from 23 manufacturers. The olive oil was sourced
from the US, Argentina, Greece, Chile, and Italy. They found that
olive oil produced in California exceeded those from Italy.
Two highest scoring olive oils (both from California) from their testing were:
- McEvoy Ranch
- Trader Joe’s California Estate
Ellora Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the best olive oils. It is 100% Pure Cretan Extra Virgin Olive Oil of which the origin and authenticity is certified by the EU standards. While meeting the stringent requirements it maintains a focus on environmental consciousness and tradition. When you are ordering it online it comes in many sizes which can make shipping more economical. This is the one I am getting: 2 tins of Ellora Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 Ellora EVOO spray bottles saves on shipping to get lots at the same time.
Here is another olive oil I recently discovered that is certified:
Kasandrinos Organic Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil – 100% certified organic, non-GMO extra virgin olive oil from Kasandrinos century-old family orchard. Mechanical cold-pressing within 48 hours locks in the delicious flavor of the olives at peak of ripeness.
And one more that is a very good oil winning medals:
Partanna Extra Virgin Olive Oil is cold-pressed oil, unfiltered oil grown and packaged in Partanna, Sicily. The Asaro family has been producing it since 1916. This EVOO has been the winner of Gold Medals at the L.A. County Fair.