不过有人不太相信

来源: dudaan 2011-12-18 21:28:51 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2789 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ dudaan ] 在 2011-12-20 20:48:38 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 如果你们那儿有这家超市就没有问题了dudaan2011-12-18 21:22:56

Trader Joe's has a policy that they do not include genetically modified products (GMO) in their store branded products. However, I have noticed canola oil is in a significant number of their store branded products. Since the vast majority of canola oil is a genetically modified product, I talked with the store manager at my local Trader Joe's and asked him how they could have this policy of no GMO ingredients and still have canola oil in so many of their products. He told me that Trader Joe's uses only canola oil that is not GMO. I told him that even if they made an effort to use non-GMO rapeseed to produce canola oil that most of that is highly contaminated with GMO (this has been tested and makes sense since it is wind pollinated).  I also attempted to explain to him all the OTHER problems with canola oil, such as it being full oftrans fat (which causes type 2 diabetes to develop and will prevent you from curing it!) due to the processing, but he told me there was nothing he could do. He also said the way to get these things changed is to contact the home office directly and he suggested doing so through the website.

So, I am asking my readers to please contact Trader Joe's through their website (click the link and it will take you straight to their contact form) and explain to them why you don't want them to remove canola oil as an ingredient in all of their products. If you are diabetic, you may want to mention this as well. You may want to explain to them that food is medicine for the diabetic and canola oil is essentially poison. Trader Joe's is known for working with their manufacturers to institute ingredient substitutions so if enough of us contact them, we can make a difference. I have told them that I read the food labels on every Trader Joe's product I buy and if it has canola oil, I will not buy it.

One of the main reasons so many food manufacturers use canola oil is because it is so much cheaper than other oils. I have told Trader Joe's that I would be willing to pay a little more for a product that contained a healthy oil like coconut oil and olive oil instead of canola oil. You may want to do the same as this may motivate them even more. Thank you for helping guys!

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”