转贴一篇比较专业的,文章说键盘完全无辐射之害!!!

来源: dudaan 2009-10-14 14:38:12 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (8652 bytes)
回答: 又一篇流传甚广以讹传讹的文章dudaan2009-10-14 13:54:26
Computer radiation, laptop radiation and computer monitor radiation are important for all computer users.

This type of radiation is known as extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic radiation. It is essentially the same kind of radiation that is emitted from power lines, TVs and other electrical and electronic appliances.

If you are a computer user, computer radiation may be a substantial component of the total electromagnetic radiation which your body is exposed to.

Many of us spend our working days in front of computer monitors, surrounded by electronic equipment, each item emitting ELF radiation. Because of the duration of this exposure (many hours every day), computer radiation is a great concern.

Computer Radiation Health Effects
For many years it has been known that ELF radiation can cause or contribute to various health problems, ranging from sleep interference and allergic reactions, through to heart disease, cancer and alzheimer's disease. To learn more about how computer radiation causes these health problems, see our EMF Health Effects page.

Many people, who would not want to sit at a desk under high voltage power lines, will sit a foot away from a computer screen, with a computer and printer on the desk next to them, and perhaps a power supply (UPS) near their feet.

They will work like this for several hours every day, for many years, absorbing as much (or more) ELF radiation as they would have done sitting at a desk placed under a high-voltage power line!

Computer radiation is easy to subdue
Computers contain power supplies, fans, drives and other units which generate radiation strong enough to cause concern at distances up to about 60 cm (about 2 feet).

For example, the desktop PCs in our office each produce computer radiation of about 1 milligauss (borderline safe) at 60 cm, stronger towards the rear of the unit.

The magnetic portion of this electromagnetic radiation (which is probably more dangerous than the electric portion) can penetrate just about anything, so it does not help to place a shield or screen between you and the computer. (See our page What is Electromagnetic Radiation.)

Instead try to position your computer as far away from you as cables allow (at least 60 cm, preferably more). If possible, keep it on the floor. (You want to minimise the computer radiation to all parts of your body, but especially to your head).

Computer monitor radiation
The item most likely to cause a health hazard in many offices is the computer monitor, or screen. The box-shaped cathode ray tube (CRT) computer monitors generally have quite high levels of radiation at 30 cm.

There is a CRT monitor (not used much) in our office. It's radiation measures 3 milligauss at 30 cm, measured from the front and 4 milligauss at the same distance from the sides. This is a fairly recent model. Computer monitor radiation from older equipment can be much higher.

A constant 3 milligauss of computer monitor radiation is already bad enough, but don't forget the beleaguered computer user is probably also absorbing radiation from computers, printers, power supplies (ups), florescent lights, cell phones and other equipment.

Fortunately, technology has come to our aid with the advent of the LCD monitor (the flat one), which emits minimal radiation. For example, the LCD screens in our office create an EMF of 0.3 milligauss at 30 cm, from the front or back - and practically nothing at the sides. This is a safe level.

If you use the older CRT type for long periods every day, consider making a change.

Pregnant women should be particularly careful about using CRT screens - which have been associated with higher rates of miscarriage and possibly birth defects.

Laptop radiation
Laptop radiation is generally lower than from desktop PCs, partly because the components are smaller, the laptop is battery operated and the laptop screen is invariably an LCD.

Less radiation does not mean no radiation, so you should avoid placing the laptop on your laptop!

In fact, as you will see from our Table of EMF Values, laptop radiation may be as little as 1 milligauss at 30cm, and as much as 20 milligauss at point-blank range.

Radiation from computer power supply (UPS)
Many people have a UPS to provide backup power for their computers. These little guys pack a powerful radiation punch.

My UPS produces radiation of 20 milligauss at 30 cm, and 1 milligauss at 1 metre, even when apparently switched off (but still connected to mains).

If you need a UPS, position it as far away from yourself and others as cables allow - we suggest at least 1.5 metres.

Radiation from larger computer/office equiment.
For larger (generally floor-standing) computer equipment such as printers, photocopiers, larger computers and all racked equipment, assume that a substantial amount of computer radiation will be produced, unless you know differently.

Position these items at a safe distance (at least 1.5 metres) from where people work. (The occasional visit to the photocopier or printer need not be a cause for concern, because the duration is short).

Radiation from printers and other computer devices
Small (desktop) computer printers generally produce less than 0.5 milligauss at 60cm in standby mode and maybe twice that amount when printing. This is probably not be the only source of computer radiation at your desk, so do not keep your printer too close.

Some computer devices are practically harmless, particularly corded keyboards, mouses(!), speakers, corded modems and telephones.

Large sub-woofers that are becoming popular as part of a computer's sound system can emit more than just (astonishing levels of) sound - ours produces 20 milligauss of EMF on contact, 3 mG at 60 cm (1') and .5 mG at 60 cm (2') whenever the speaker is powered (even when it is producing no sound).

So don't use the sub-woofer as a footrest! It needs to be about 90 cm (3') away.

Radiation from wireless networks, routers, modems
Wi-fi information networks, wireless routers, modems and other devices are becoming very pervasive. All of them emit electromagnetic radiation.

The type of radiation (radio frequency, or microwave) is different from computer radiation (ELF).

These wireless devices have not yet been proved to be safe. Although the radiation levels may be low, there is reason to believe that the information content of the signal may interfere with biological processes.

Wi-fi networks are now installed in many public and private places. You may be exposed to them without knowing it.

Most concerning is the practice in some schools of installing wi-fi networks in the computer centre and classrooms. Children may be particularly vulnerable to any ill effects. See our page Who is at risk?

Rather use wired products.

Achieving acceptable computer radiation levels
In most cases, applying these recommendations will cause computer radiation to be reduced to acceptable levels.

For example, in the office where I work (about eight hours a day with two other people) there are three desktop computers and one laptop. We have arranged the office to minimise computer radiation for all of us. In my case

My computer tower is on the floor next to my desk.

My UPS is far away from everyone, on the other side of my computer, at max cable stretch.

My screen is an LCD.

I use no cordless equipment (keyboard, mouse, telephone etc.)

On a table next to my desk are two desktop printers and a laptop computer. The nearest printer is about 75 cm (30") away from me.

The computers and printers are all networked together into our (wired) office network .

Our internet connection is by DSL with a wired modem.
I don't think there is much more I can do to reduce my computer radiation, unless I change my line of work. So what's the result?

At my desk, my feet are exposed to electromagnetic radiation of about 0.5 milligauss and my head to about 0.2 milligauss, with an average whole body EMF of about 0.3 mG.

This is not a negligible amount, but it is probably acceptable for a healthy person, even for several hours a day. You can probably achieve similar or better levels.

Compared to many computer users who are exposed computer equipment radiation of 3-6 milligauss, or even more, 0.3 milligauss is a huge improvement.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks for sharing. -lily7- 给 lily7 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/14/2009 postreply 14:51:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”