中文媒体不夸张不能活?“澳大利亚农妇靠养猪战胜癌症”

来源: dudaan 2013-03-22 17:44:20 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4018 bytes)

原文哪里有这个意思?只是说如果不是为了宣传推广人道养猪她就不想活下去了。可以说猪帮助了她和癌症做斗争,但是显然没有“战胜”的意思在里面。

Grattai resident Lindy Haynes has enlisted an unusual mutual support group following her diagnosis with cancer – her pigs.

Lindy has made her farm, Pigs’ville,  a haven for unwanted and neglected animals, especially pigs, and is now promoting free-range pig farming as an alternative to commercial pig farming practices. 

A dog trainer by trade, Lindy got a  pet pig when she moved from Sydney to the country, adding another pig to keep the first company, then more.

“Except for the piglets born here, not one of the pigs that has spent time in Pigs’ville came from a nice place, but I can’t take in any more – there are too many,” she said. 

“What I can do is breed good, strong and healthy pigs from once neglected ones and then let them show as many people as they can how easy and rewarding and productive it is to give a pig everything that it needs to be completely healthy.” 

After Lucy was diagnosed with cancer of the cervix and uterus and underwent treatment in the city,  she has returned home and dedicates herself  to campaigning for humane conditions for pigs. 

“Let’s just say that campaigning for better treatment of pigs is at the top of my bucket  list,” she said.

“If I didn’t have my pigs to come home to, I wouldn’t have bothered fighting the cancer in the first place.

“They are my therapy, my reason for being happy to wake up every morning whether I am sick or not and I know how deserving they are of being treated well.” 

Lucy said all her pigs – “keepers or killers” – are treated the same.

She has no qualms about eating  pigs that she has bred, raised and home-killed because she knows they have had a good life and their deaths were humane.

“Of course, I loathe how pigs are kept in commercial piggeries, but I have seen pigs being kept in worse conditions by local farmers on small holdings,” she said.

“I want present and future landholders who want to raise pigs to learn from people like me – free range farmers – and not from those who pen them up or who believe that as long as they don’t get caught, you can feed a pig anything that’s free or cheaper than pellets, grains and greens.”

Lucy said many of the reasons people feared pigs are myths.

“People fear pigs and once upon a time I did too,” she said. 

“I feared the intelligence of pigs but then I got a pet one and he was the first of nearly 100 others that showed me pigs are smart enough to be gentle affectionate and amazingly social.

“They showed me how funny they are and how much they deserve to be treated with respect and kindness.” 

Lucy believes that people can be changed by what they see and what they eat.

“My pigs and I will spend the rest of my life promoting free range pig farming and campaigning against penning them up,” she said

“Everyone ‘sick’ needs a reason to stop feeling sorry for themselves, inspiration for a future they can look forward to and a purpose in life, and trying to get more good and right publicity for pigs is mine.”

贴在这里提醒转抄专业户不要去转不负责任的标题党。

所有跟帖: 

语不惊人死不休嘛。 -晓雨1- 给 晓雨1 发送悄悄话 晓雨1 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/23/2013 postreply 03:44:33

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”