回复:不同意你说的中产阶级很少。我也算中产阶级,照样送孩子去最好的私立

来源: fatz 2008-04-16 15:01:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1502 bytes)
回答: 也谈私立高中与公立高中的比较zlzyz2008-04-15 14:47:19
Based on my observation, there are less kids from middle-class families in the most expensive private schools. Most parents do love their kids(I do see a few parents drive luxury cars while keep their kids in "poor" public schools), they can use their hard-earned and hard-saved money for better college education for their kids(look at the tuition cost of Harvey Mudd!) or even the down payment of their kids first house. To me, $30k+/year for high school education is definitely not cost-effective(some parents are very blinded in select a school, they tend to say: "good school", "small class size", "expensive"(means better teacher, less bad kids), "high possibility to Ivys" etc. All these may not give a substantial help to your kids expecially when both parents and kids don't know what the kids are going to do and what's their real interests. As for improving Math/Physics/Chemstry/Biology, there are no other ways other than study, practice and study, practice .... I don't think there are significant difference between a so-called "better and caring" US teacher than most well-educated parents themself(such as myself :-)). I know quite a number of guys(not ladies :-)) can't start their own bussiness here in Silicon Valley or back to China only because they can't afford a lower or no salary: they have to earn the paycheck from someone else to pay for the mortgage and kids college tuition, thus it becomes less important whether you are from MIT, Stanford. UCB or SJSU.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”