你们是私校吗?那天在老美论坛,一个妈妈跟我分享她孩子的高中数学经历,好像她儿子就是要考的私校。条件很好

来源: Pilsung 2023-10-16 21:27:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3031 bytes)
回答: 我们高中要修四年数学才能毕业麻辣串串2023-10-16 21:21:42

数学也修得很深。

I homeschooled my son in 7, 8 and 9 grades mainly because he was very advanced in math and science and the school curriculum was not sufficient for his learning. When you homeschool, the kids learn at their own pace and he self-learned a lot of math through Khan Academy. But since I was worried about credentials for college, I also enrolled him for Honors and AP science courses with CTY (where you'll get transcripts and detailed teacher evaluations at the end of the course). In his 9th grade he did AP Calculus from AoPS, which also gives a letter grade at the end of the course.
He was also doing AP Bio, AP Physics C etc from CTY and other institutions like PA Homeschoolers where they give their grading . He applied to private boarding schools in New England for his 10th grade, and I submitted a compiled transcript, attaching the submissions from these institutions as well. He also took all AP exams from College Board and submitted those scores as well. Every school he interviewed with was impressed that he was doing AP Calculus in his 9th grade, and any course with AP has designation has to be college board approved, so automatically the credibility is there. The schools were also familiar with AoPS and CTY
He got into a really good school for his 10th grade, and is learning Mulivariable calculus for his 10th grade, and Engineering courses (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical) for his 10th grade science (since he has already completed AP Bio and AP Physics C both papers). The school has Linear Algebra, Real Analysis etc as well as seminars and research topics for students beyond all these courses. There are many schools like that including Stanford OHS where there are many more courses beyond Calculus. If pure homeschooling is not ideal, Stanford OHS takes full time students from 6th grade. My son was enrolled for a couple of weeks before he got the admission to current school, and most of the kids who take up Stanford OHS are kids who are serious about their athletic or dance or music pursuit (junior olympics training etc). They spend multiple hours on their extra-curriculars , so traditional school timings don't work for them. Stanford OHS is like a proper school in that they compile all the transcripts and send recommendations etc, and has periods, classrooms, clubs etc, but all online and flexible for your timings.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”