You are a good parent.

来源: One1618 2020-11-23 08:59:52 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1630 bytes)
回答: 孩子特要上进怎么办?m16882020-11-23 04:39:00

经常喊我有压力。问他具体在哪些事上有压力。不知道。 Ask him if he feels the pressure is from the parents. Be specific.

现在在申请大学。觉得自己若进不了T5会很遗憾。Think: If I get in, I'd be a lucky dog. (glee).  Realize that most kids don't go to an Ivy.

他觉得附近往年进T5的好多各方面不如他。Think: They must have a lot of good points. And they were lucky.

昨天又来说今年M 的早申有15000多人,去年只有9000多人。T5申请人数肯定爆棚。不利的消息越多,孩子越焦虑。

"Do not distract yourself with things you have no control over.  It's a waste of time and energy.  The mind has a way to fool itself because dwelling on those things is an easier task."

He was telling you (the parent) to lower your expectations.  It was a chance for you to let him know that whatever school he gets in, it's a result of his efforts, that is good enough for you and you'd be very proud of him.

平时给他灌输州大也是挺好的。Say it like you mean it and take him to the school ground for a picnic.

This is hard to do in a short time but worth trying.  Move your (the kid's) "reference point" away from other people and into yourself.  Let the "self" fill your mind.  Ask not "how do I compare with the other person?" but ask "Am I smarter and wiser than yesterday or last year?"

所有跟帖: 

觉得别人都不如自己这个的确需要修炼一下,不然一辈子开心不了。 -aacaac- 给 aacaac 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/23/2020 postreply 09:20:29

很好的建议。谢谢。 -m1688- 给 m1688 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/23/2020 postreply 11:48:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”