银行给儿子上了一课

来源: yesterday*once*more 2020-07-11 20:49:27 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7656 bytes)

银行给儿子上了一课

(2008-09-09 20:00:04)下一个

儿子手里又有了近40块钱。上周末,老爸就和儿子商量:“Hi, son, do you want to put your cash into you bank account to earn some interest? Seems you have a lot of cash now.”

“How much should I put in, dad? I have more than 30 dollars. But I don;t want to put the pennies in. I want to collect pennies from now on.”儿子说。

“It is up to you. Whatever you decide is ok. I just stop at the bank office on the way to your Gongfu class.”

儿子数了数他的钱,拿了24块出来,给老爸:“Dad, I can put 24 dollars. I want to have 10 dollars at hand in case I need it.”

“You do the deposit this time. I will show you how to fill in the deposit ticket. Bring your record book.”老爸让儿子自己拿着钱出门。

银行里,老爸教儿子填单:账号,名字,数量。填好了,儿子排队,递上recod book,钱和deposit ticket。Cashier一边在儿子的record book上写记录,一边友好地和儿子开玩笑:“Wow, you are rich!”接过cashier递过来的receipt和糖,儿子高高兴兴地出门。

回到车上,自然是大大咧咧地随手一扔,把receipt和record book扔到老爸的车里,上他的功夫课了。回到家,老爸提醒了几次,才不情愿地拿着recod book,放回自己房间。

过了一个礼拜,老爸上网一看账户,儿子的24块钱没到位。把儿子叫过来一看,财迷的脸就拉下来了:“What, the bank lost my money? I want my money back!”

老爸问:“Do you have any proof that you put money into your account?”

“Yes!”儿子赶紧把他的recoord book找出来给老爸。

“Sure. The cashier wrote on your record book. However, this may not be the best proof. Do you have the receipt?”老爸明知故问。

“I put in your car, I remember.”儿子开始着急了。

“I kept it for you this time. You should keep your receipt in your record book next time. Without it, it is much harder to convince the bank that you put money in since anybody could write on your record book.”老爸告诫儿子。父子俩于是去银行对账。

到了银行门口,老爸说:“Son, you have to talk to the bank people. It is your money, and I will be with you. You can even pretend that you are not happy since they lost your money”

一向生人面前话不多的财迷儿子看在钱的份上,只能硬着头皮上了。 一进门,receptionist笑容满面地打招呼,儿子却打断人家的话:“I put 24 dollars into my account last Saturday. But you lost my money.”一脸委屈的样子, 递上自己的record book和receipt。

“Really? I am sorry. Let me check for you...en, I could not find the 24 dollars. Let me check with the cashier. Please wait.”

五分钟也没有找出来。“I am sorry. We have to figure this out on Monday. The cashier who handled your deposit is not here today. Please write down your name, email address and phone number. I promise we will figure it out next week and let you know. ”又给了儿子一颗糖,儿子才不自在地出门。

今天老爸接到银行的电话,告知是cashierc出错,把钱放进了别人的帐户。老爸接儿子回来的路上,把银行的话转告儿子。同时要求儿子:“See, you get a good lesson this time. You need to be more organized. You can write a good story about this, and send it to your sister. If you do so, I will give one dollar as reward..”

(9/9/2008)

所有跟帖: 

现在你儿子每个月进帐多少钱?让我们憧憬一下?比如免学费,生活费,住宿费,还给零花钱... -tax2- 给 tax2 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/11/2020 postreply 20:55:08

相当于5万块?太厉害了 -tax2- 给 tax2 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/11/2020 postreply 21:00:16

财迷。。。 -yesterday*once*more- 给 yesterday*once*more 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/11/2020 postreply 21:06:40

他不在学校里打工赚钱?暑假也不挣点零花钱?你是不是太惯着孩子啦? -tax2- 给 tax2 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/11/2020 postreply 21:31:38

真存错过?我总是保留收据,不过从来没发现过错 -新年好运- 给 新年好运 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2020 postreply 05:02:00

fidelity还搞错了我的IRA支票呢。。。 -yesterday*once*more- 给 yesterday*once*more 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/12/2020 postreply 10:50:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!