Do not despair!. I feel that your daughter is just an introvert

来源: Mike121212 2020-03-01 22:28:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2124 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Mike121212 ] 在 2020-03-02 09:39:43 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: social anxiety 怎么办呢?我都绝望了kitfrommars2020-03-01 17:19:15

Do not  despair! She is just an introvert.
Relax, take it easy, be tolerable, and be accepting!
She will be fine.  Just give her love, patience, time, space, encouragement, opportunities to try out different things.
Let her do something she loves and she is also good at.
Don't be a helichopter parent! Don't be a tiger mom.
Don't give her any pressure, social or academic.
If possible, encourage her to join a team sport at school or some other team activities.
I personally prefer team sports.
When she is healthy, eats well and sleeps well, everyhting will be fine.

One of my kids is an introvert. She was an precocious kid and a good student but extremly shy.
In elementary school, she would go to her teacher's office for help and stood in front of the teacher for 10 minutes without muttering a word until  being asked what she wanted. In middle school, my Korean neighbor (a mom) drove her daughter and my kid to and from school every day for two years, and the Korean mom told me that my daughter never said anything to her except THANK YOU when being dropped off. She never raised a penny for her school by going door to door to solicit donations before high school becasue of her shyness.

It is not natural for an introvert to take the intiative to talk to people.
But with effort and practice, it can get better. Be hopeful!
The first year of high school was still hard on my daughter but things were improving.
Eventually, she become a varsity team captain and the editor-in-chief for the school newspaper.
Now she is a freshman in college and is president for her class.
Most importantly, she is happy there with lots of friends.
But she is still an introvert and she will never be a social butterfly. And that is perfectly fine.

Good luck to your daughter.
Give her time, space, patience, and love.
She will grow up just fine.

所有跟帖: 

Do not despair -cczz- 给 cczz 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/02/2020 postreply 01:34:00

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!