新年兔血奉献--加州国大学自己排 ZT

来源: 眼镜 2020-01-01 09:48:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (11839 bytes)

There are a lot of great colleges in California. Here’s my list and in order although the exact order is less important than the quality of these top schools

1. Stanford-pound for pound, it’s the best (or one of the best) all around schools in the world and the easiest to get a job in Silicon Valley at its doorstep and SF (20–40 minutes away) due to its tech start up here and it’s just a nice drive to scenic Sacramento - the capital and home to some of California’s greatest public service jobs—even better than advertised.
  2. CalTech- Cal Tech and MIT are the best pure techs colleges anywhere in the world. And Cal Tech would be ranked first or tied for just stems-it’s that good and world renowned.
  3. Berkeley- 4th in the world rankings and first in computer science (tied) and see # 1 above for it’s great locations and just flip how close it is to SF and then a short or trafficy 40 minutes or so to famed Silicon Valley to know how great it’s location is. For real estate it’s always “location location and location” and yet even more so for jobs-it doesn’t get any better than this. But either way, like in some small towns, the door is open unless you one slam it shut. It’s more like a gateway to Eden. And with so many Stanford and Berkeley grads interviewing you life is good (at interviews).
  4. Harvey Mudd- highest SAT scores on the list with CalTech and Stanford and the best or second best engineering school w/o PhD in the country. No one gets Mudd on their face for this amazing choice that rivals MiT and CalTech but they don’t just take anyone who usually didn’t blow out the SAT in math. It’s a special place that the tech employers and top grad schools know about even if the general may not. It’s that good.
  5. UCLA - we could swap 3 and 5 but the nod goes to Berkeley in reputation. In state, UCLA wins as the best and first choice for students choosing a UC or for that matter as the top pick overall with 115000–125,000 starry eyed applicants trying to knock at the door but only 11% and dropping get invited in these days. UCLA is battling every school on the list as students first choice and why it’s the number one applied to school in the US and I believe the world. But if you look closely at the grades to have a real shot here and sure there are exceptions, please read the fine admit print closely since the 75th percentile is all As and the 25th is a 3.9/4.0 not counting Ap classes as extra. And they want 10 or more as well. It and Cornell tie for having the highest gpa in the country for the 75th Percentile but the good news with is UCLA extracurriculars aren’t key but all As are for most Admits as it should be with 85000 rejects annually. Why not let the public know that others got in with a higher gpa oh and a 1540 sat for the 75th percentile. So good luck getting in. I only know of four people in the last 3 years who got in and sure enough all As and 50 who didn’t and didn’t have all As so their admit rate does match my cursory information at a glance. Btw all of the Uc are extremely challenging to get into with a focus on Gpa
  6. USC- better environment than UCLA, students including myself who attended feel the teaching staff is top notch and has the edge over UCLA and it’s private which means an incredible lot helpful “Four Seasons” type staff and it would be 5th but for the insane reputation of UCLA as the favorite and it’s twice as expensive for a similar brilliant education. So even being a Trojan, my nod goes to our rivals. I wouldn’t pay $300,000 for this education so I can’t ask you too but it’s sensational if you can and they have financial aid two with the third largest 6 billion dollar campaign.
  7. Pomona College - a wild, liberal arts college that is second in US or close for liberal arts in some polls and it’s insane. A special place that many don’t know about except for admissions staff at grad school. This is a top notch school in every area and very small campus and classes. You teachers will know your name generally which helps for getting your PhD or masters.
  8. Claremont Colleges including Scripps. Part of the same Pomona Pitzer campus but Pomona gets the nod as best and toughest non tech schools while Harvey Mudd gets the nod D the best tech campus.
  9. UC San Diego- top 17-20 in world polls for every major poll and great science, engineering biology math and any stem but even non stems are great two. And why it leapfrogs the other top Uc schools-it’s that good. Even better or close to UCLA for stems. And many students will accept here instead. It’s the University of Chicago but in “Chillaxing” San Diego as my son line to say. But this is not the party place that the other San Diego on the list is below. Kids are here to study and get their PhD or medical doctor degree. If you want to have fun head out to my next choice UC Santa Barbara and trust me 2 years there before transferring was over the top.
  10. UC Santa Barbara- wins the best party school of any school by far in the top 40 and an academic powerhouse too overlooking the ocean. But it’s not a “breeze” by any means getting in.
  11. UC Irvine- a great school in every field and pretty much in quiet but somewhat industrialized area so go 10 minutes away to one of the best place on earth Newport Beach for beach, shopping and surfing. The waves at the edge break right on the sand. With that said, this school along with Berkeley and UC San Diego all take education very very seriously so be prepared to visit the library often if you want to do well (and again no guarantees either even with studying due to the plethora of A students here ready to compete.
  12. Uc Davis- the most accommodating and nicest kids on the list and the greatest staff and best environment of any of the uc schools where everyone fits in and makes friends. Best city too- a classic 1940s era city thst is fun a scenic town and an incredible beautiful and modern campus. Always apply to and it’s truly a magical place and my son loves it as does everyone. Even the professor love being here. It’s much more laid back than Berkeley and kids collaborate rather than our compete each other so it’s a really fun academic and social place. This win best all around campus environment hands down due to the great vibe.
  13. Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (slo) - the cheapest school the list (along w/ San Diego state and San Jose State). But it’s next to impossible to get into for engineering, particularly computer science due to it’s total cost including room and bored of about $17000 for an elite education (price is for California kids who hit the “almost” but not close to free educational best priced school anywhere- pound for the pound the winner on this list-it’s that good. A lot of kids due to this fact will now choose it over many elite Uc as there first choice and most of top kids who get into UC schools always apply here but few kids even great students get accepted-I’m not kidding but it’s a very “slo” life and the school is slo good. Don’t miss this diamond in the rough.
  14. Santa Clara University- location location location in Silicon Valley and top 50 too and private. It’s our private little secret and has a great reputation too. Wave to to intel, Nvdia and google as you head to school depending upon the direction. You head will do double takes at the list of some of the worlds best companies headquarter nearby. I like to call it “Apple pie.”
  15. Pepperdine- Malibu is incredible and so is Pepperdine. Accommodating, great kids, a fun and place to go. It’s just 3 minutes to the beach and overlooking multi mullion dollar homes and a Gorgeous beach-the only problem is getting mom and dad to get get you to leave during the holidays since you are in educational and location. heaven. Did I say heavenly. And it’s got a great reputations as a top 50 campus that everyone wants to go to being close to Los Angeles and it’s the most exclusive city in the world where 30 million dollar homes and 5 acres estates are commonplace.
  16. LMU - small, quaint and wonderful kids who are close knit with some great teachers. It’s in the new tech capital of California called Silicon Beach in Playa Vista and some great cities are nearby. The campus is sensational and modern and looks like 70,000 kids attend but a small Jesuit Canpus and every friend I know who went here fell in love with it and for good reason.
  17. UC Santa Cruz- biking, hiking, surfing beaches, Forrest and mountains await you and all within 5–10 minutes away. Santa Cruz and Hubfrington beach call themselves the founding cities of surfing in California so you won’t get “board” (get it). The kids here are great, non competitive and it’s a fun place to attend. Very close to Silicon Valley which means an easy job search and internships too. Top 87 and should be much higher. One of the smallest UC campuses and for grad school too meaining more research opportunities for any undergrad.
  18. San Jose St- at half the price of the UC school and again the all important “location location location” in the heart of Silicon Valley, this is a compete no brainer with Amazon hiring many from her
  19. 。。。。下略

所有跟帖: 

突然发现泥巴已经是加州T5了 -眼镜- 给 眼镜 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 09:53:55

Pomona 是个非常好的小大学才排第7。 -小团圆- 给 小团圆 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 09:54:35

这个排名依旧偏向STEM -眼镜- 给 眼镜 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 09:56:49

可P很强呀,对了,学校太小体育不行。 -小团圆- 给 小团圆 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 09:59:26

Boston College 体育很强啊 -眼镜- 给 眼镜 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 10:06:13

要说体育差,没哪个学校差过Caltech吧。 -数与形- 给 数与形 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 10:22:08

赫赫... -Midwestrural- 给 Midwestrural 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 10:29:41

体育不好的大学美国孩子爱去的不多。 -小团圆- 给 小团圆 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 10:33:18

Harvey Mudd啊. 都是亚裔40%的学校 -pucsdt- 给 pucsdt 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 10:35:39

Harvey Mudd招生时会优待体育特长生,但Caltech不会吧 -数与形- 给 数与形 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 10:41:25

这个问加共:) -ziqimalvern- 给 ziqimalvern 发送悄悄话 ziqimalvern 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2020 postreply 14:45:58

I would put Pomona & Claremont Mckenna ahead of UCLA -Mike121212- 给 Mike121212 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/19/2020 postreply 13:48:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”