赞! My daughter began working in Chipotle 20 hours a week

来源: Mike121212 2019-07-15 22:57:36 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3326 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Mike121212 ] 在 2019-07-15 23:33:34 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

赞! My daughter began working in Chipotle 20 hours a week since early May. She then cut her work hours there to 2 nights per week when she got a job as a software development intern shortly after sher finished high school this June. I had asked her if she wanted to quit her Chipotle job since she already works 40 hours as a software intern, she said wanted to keep working part-time in the restaurant until she leaves home for college this fall. She says she likes her co-workers and enjoys learning customer service skills. She mainly works as a cashier but also cleans tables. The toughest part of her job at Chipotle is each night after the restaurant is closed she needs to clean and mop the entire floor of the shop. She did not come home until 30 minutes past midnight this past Saturday, exhausted but cheerful.

My boss (he and his wife are both Stanford graduates) says there is a lot of benefits for kids to work on manual jobs in high school, especially for those excelling academically, such as:
(1) Working with one's hands is very calming and relaxing;
(2) Working on manual jobs teaches kids that life is not easy and helps them develop compassion and empathy for the less fortunate (One night after returning from work, my daughter said now she realized that it is extremely hard for her Mexican co-workers to raise a families with such paltry pays)
(3) Working on manual jobs helps kids develop basic life skills and resilience.

My daughter rarely did house chores before she started her job at Chipotle and now she happily helps out with cooking and cleaning at home.

所有跟帖: 

赞你女儿!谢谢分享。我们这儿好多老美都是自己打工付自己的大学学费。他们都工作勤奋,忍耐力好,善于与人打交道。 -小河石子- 给 小河石子 发送悄悄话 小河石子 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/16/2019 postreply 06:29:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”