张峰的statement

来源: Francine 2018-11-27 05:44:33 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6032 bytes)
回答: 查了一下贺建奎的wiki,我们老乡得瑟一下2018-11-27 05:20:49

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612465/crispr-inventor-feng-zhang-calls-for-moratorium-on-baby-making/

Although I appreciate the global threat posed by HIV, at this stage, the risks of editing embryos to knock out CCR5 seem to outweigh the potential benefits, not to mention that knocking out of CCR5 will likely render a person much more susceptible for West Nile Virus. Just as important, there are already common and highly-effective methods to prevent transmission of HIV from a parent to an unborn child.

Given the current state of the technology, I’m in favor of a moratorium on implantation of edited embryos, which seems to be the intention of the CCR5 trial, until we have come up with a thoughtful set of safety requirements first.

Not only do I see this as risky, but I am also deeply concerned about the lack of transparency surrounding this trial. All medical advances, gene editing or otherwise and particularly those that impact vulnerable populations, should be cautiously and thoughtfully tested, discussed openly with patients, physicians, scientists, and other community members, and implemented in an equitable way.

In 2015, the international research community said it would be irresponsible to proceed with any germline editing without “broad societal consensus about the appropriateness of the proposed application.” (This was the consensus statement from the 2015 International Summit on Human Gene Editing.)

It is my hope that the upcoming summit will serve as a forum for deeper conversations about the implications of this news and provide guidance on how we as a global society can best benefit from gene editing.

所有跟帖: 

大牛说得对。现阶段搞这个这是冒险和不负责任的。 -qqdragon- 给 qqdragon 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/27/2018 postreply 05:58:31

说了半天,还是 -得瑟一下- 给 得瑟一下 发送悄悄话 (556 bytes) () 11/27/2018 postreply 06:12:03

科学研究进展到这种程度,科学家的格局必须超越国家和学科本身了。 -qqdragon- 给 qqdragon 发送悄悄话 (80 bytes) () 11/27/2018 postreply 06:21:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”