Your Summary is Spot On

来源: 岁月静好 2016-10-13 12:00:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1202 bytes)
回答: 聊聊藤校, AA 。fengxiang2016-10-12 14:55:41

Most private schools are looking for kids with good GPA + great ECs. You said that your child did not have leadership and great recommendations. My guess is that the teachers are very polite by telling you that your child is shy but smart, which basically means the rec letter was just OK, not exceptional.

I personally don't think going to ivy school is the ultimate target. However I do think that it is helpful to teach our kids on how to interact with teachers and leave a good impression. Kids who mature early always have some advantage in this aspect.

My own child is attending Penn. From what I learnt, academically there is not much difference between ivy schools and good public schools. Eventually it comes down to how your child can utilize the opportunies each school provides. Penn is hyper-competitive in my opinion and very stressful. We are middle class, so sending a child to private school means a lot of financial burden. My kid knows this and I think this put stress on her, because in private schools you meet kids from super rich families. In this aspect, I do see the benefit of going to public schools. 

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”