bad idea, put yourself into teacher's shoe

来源: 日月茗 2006-12-02 18:19:30 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1382 bytes)
Imagine you get two dozens of gifts like this on the last day of school, for the best case, you might proudly line them up on your mantel for Christmas display, but after the holiday season has passed, what would you do with them? Would you package all into a box and keep it in your already very crowded garage? Or would you dump all into the recylcle bin? I would choose the latter. I actually would recycle it on the day I get them from school. My two kids bring home crafts & paper works every day from school, I have to recycle them soon without them knowing it, otherwise, my countertops will be out-of-control immediately. I can see parents & kids are having much fun doing craft projects like this with all good intentions, but it's less fun for the teacher - the receiving end. She surely understands your effort and good wishes, but what can she do with it? Gift giving is tricky. It has two sides. You might have focused the enjoyment too much on the giving side, neglecting the receiving side - their needs & feelings. Sometimes I do see published comments about teachers like to receive kids' handmade arts & crafts, I always doubt about it. I once searched on internet and found comments from teachers or their relatives on some BBS - what they really appreciate the most are gift cards to supermarkets and and bookstores, I believe these are what they really want.

所有跟帖: 

或许你说得有道理.但我不认同 -empyrean8- 给 empyrean8 发送悄悄话 (481 bytes) () 12/03/2006 postreply 07:41:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”