咱也贴一个为什么要爬疼。

来源: beGood123 2015-02-26 18:08:12 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2249 bytes)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2014/05/06/can-i-get-a-job-at-spacex-after-graduating-from-a-low-ranked-engineering-program/

Can I Get A Job At SpaceX After Graduating From A Low-Ranked Engineering Program?
Comment Now Follow Comments

Answer by Dolly Singh, Former Head of Talent Acq. at SpaceX, on Quora,

I ran recruiting at SpaceX for almost 6 years; everything about how they recruit is part of the footprint myself and my team created – so hopefully you’ll find this input helpful, though it will only magnify the challenge that lies before you.

SpaceX aggressively pursues top collegiate talent; but because the hiring bar (mandate per Elon) is top 1% of the human population – we focus on top ranked engineering programs because their strict acceptance requirements are a good prefilter and remove 90% of the bell curve, thereby automatically bringing us to about top 10% of the college population; making our haystack much smaller and thus easier to find the proverbial needles.

Once within the top program populations, we again filter aggressively based on:

1. Hands on hardware/software development exp – i.e. What problems have you actually encountered and solved?

2. Experience with engineering competitions, and placement in top positions/ brackets at those competitions

3. GPA/ SAT – other hard scores

4. Drive/ Grit

The reality is that SpaceX makes some of the most magnificent machines on the planet (and beyond – yes, pun intended :). So the world’s best engineers want to work there. That paired with what I’ve already stated means there is both an ability and a necessity to only hire people after they have in some way demonstrated themselves to be truly exceptional.

So – again, do not underestimate the challenge that lies before you.

That said- where there is a will, there is a way.

Here are some things which you can consider:

所有跟帖: 

哪个藤笑有顶级工程系? -用户名被占用了- 给 用户名被占用了 发送悄悄话 用户名被占用了 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2015 postreply 18:11:33

这里的大藤不是传统的8所,而是HYPMS,MS是工程的TOP 2,UCB第三 -ca981- 给 ca981 发送悄悄话 ca981 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2015 postreply 18:21:43

你忘记了火箭大学。哈哈 -用户名被占用了- 给 用户名被占用了 发送悄悄话 用户名被占用了 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2015 postreply 18:22:57

这样找来的学生会读书,不会创新的。再说也不是非挤进这一家公司的。中国人就喜欢瞎扎堆 -porsche2012- 给 porsche2012 发送悄悄话 (1 bytes) () 02/26/2015 postreply 19:02:44

有没有任何数据来支持你的说法啊? -touji- 给 touji 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2015 postreply 20:21:18

都是名校的也不一定就好 -中国心中国人- 给 中国心中国人 发送悄悄话 中国心中国人 的博客首页 (42 bytes) () 02/26/2015 postreply 19:15:19

讲一点我知道的 -KatherineS- 给 KatherineS 发送悄悄话 (449 bytes) () 03/14/2015 postreply 17:52:55

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”