看看Wellesley的学生怎么评MIT和其他学校的男生的。

来源: springtea66 2013-08-20 08:44:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4855 bytes)
Link
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/wellesley-college/502073-relations-other-colleges-mit-harvard-babson.html
问题:
Is that saying "Wellesley women will marry Harvard men" have any truth to it? Also, what colleges are Wellesley close with (not in a distance sense, but in a relationship/doing joint events & sharing resources kind of way...)

回复1:
I've heard from wellesley students (when I was considering wellesley) that harvard men have a "complex". MIT men are better!
I've seen a lot of wellesley/MIT pairs..
cross registration? frat parties?

回复2:
"Is that saying "Wellesley women will marry Harvard men" have any truth to it?"
It used to, but it's not really true anymore.

Here's a generalization of the relations we have with surrounding schools. It's not a hard and fast rule, but this is what you sometimes hear/see/experience. Also, I'm kind of blunt about my opinions, but that's partly because I'm stressed about finals coming up. If anyone has anything to add/change, feel free.

Harvard: Yeah, plenty of Harvard guys have "complexes"--many (though not all) are pompous *******s. None of my friends who have been involved with Harvard guys have had good experiences. Proceed with caution.
The Harvard girls I've met have been nice people, though I don't know them too well personally to say much more than that. We don't really have formal Wellesley/Harvard orgs, though with some groups (After School Chinatown program I believe), you can work with some Harvard students.

MIT: Exchange/Senate bus stops at MIT 7 days a week. We can take classes there, so we can take interesting classes not offered by Wellesley, get off campus, and get to know non-Wellesley people outside of parties. There are a few orgs that are Wellesley/MIT. The guys are generally nice--usually nicer than the Harvard guys, though not as nice as some Olin guys. Again, I don't really know MIT girls well enough to say anything about them.

Olin: Olin guys in my experience are pretty cool, though on average (not always though) geekier than MIT guys. That's good or bad depending on one's taste. I don't know the girls here well enough either to say anything about them (partly because I haven't taken any classes outside of Wellesley so far). They take some classes at Wellesley, and we can take Olin classes. Unfortunately the Olin shuttle doesn't run on the weekends, so you need to use a Zipcar or have a friend with a car drive to Olin with you if you want to hang out with people there on the weekends.

Babson: You can take some classes here, too. After all, it's right next to Olin. Don't really know the people there too well. At the beginning of the year I heard of a group of sketchy Babson guys at the campus Pub...One guy in particular kept coming up in conversation...Yeah, that's all I know about our relations with Babson. -_-

Brandeis: The people I've randomly met and talked to there are pretty cool. We can take classes at Brandeis, but transportation there without a car is nearly impossible.

回复3
"Babson to bed, Harvard to wed," as quoted by one of the Wellesley students I was staying with one time. But then she and her friends laughed, because apparently some of the Harvard guys can be man whores, too.

I was told by my friend from Wellesley that Olin guys would be more of my taste (aka nice and geeky but cute). Who knows, maybe yours, too?

From what I have gathered, there seems to be a closer relationship with Wellesley and MIT, since they seem to have more coinciding organizations. But I really think it depends on where you hang out and what type of people you are into.

回复4:
I L.O.V.E Brandeis guys because they represent a true spectrum of personalities. Unfortunately, I don't drive, can't get there on my own, blah.

You can meet Harvard guys, but since they have a pretty good pool of women at the school, plus other girls flocking there, they're not really on campus much. The people I know with Harvard BF's started dating in high school, met them at concerts, or are in TZE. Some Wellesley girls go to Harvard "Finals Clubs," but I've heard those are sketchy because they're so secretive. According to the Harvard crimson, there have been some cases of date rape at the finals clubs as well.

I would say:
1)MIT (hands down)
2)Babson/Olin
3)Harvard
4)Brandeis

更多...

所有跟帖: 

Desperate.俺可不是说你 :) -淘娃羊爸- 给 淘娃羊爸 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2013 postreply 08:48:45

大娃要去Brandeise了,居然也能排上号 -skyport- 给 skyport 发送悄悄话 skyport 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/20/2013 postreply 08:53:31

给你补充一哈 -听听意见- 给 听听意见 发送悄悄话 听听意见 的博客首页 (1151 bytes) () 08/20/2013 postreply 08:54:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”