小中女想向上爬也不容易啊

来源: 听听意见 2012-11-02 13:40:38 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3672 bytes)

I'm an Asian American woman and while I'm full Asian, even most Asian people have a problem bucketing which type I am. However, I grew up in a mostly white/black community and largely feel very uncomfortable in a group of only Asian people - especially when they start talking about filial piety and marrying and breeding immediately. I speak perfect English but have been approached with "Ni Hao" or "Konichiwa" or a million other expressions instead of "Hello." 

I've also been a casual model but at the same time have attended an Ivy League school with a serious technical major. I also run my own business, successfully. This means that I am tapped by mostly older white men to lead organizations or projects as a pretty idiot figurehead in exchange for consistently giving them.... well, I'll let you finish that sentence.  

What is truly infuriating is that I can break through the "bamboo ceiling" if I marry/sleep with/am the girlfriend of a white man. I have white women peers who are of the same attractiveness level/intelligence and they do not receive half of the insane offers I have gotten (2 months as a mistress in exchange for heading a big org, being a hostage "2nd wife" in someone's home in a random part of the US). I've even had people offer to get me plastic surgery so my eyes are more slanted so I'm "even more attractive." 

As I sit and watch my other (slanty-eyed) Asian female cohort sleep their way to the top of the totem pole, I can't help but sometimes hope that I'll be reborn as a white male. I have no solution for this problem - only that the outlook for intelligent, attractive Asian American women who aren't promiscuous and who don't want to date/marry white men can be frustrating on different levels than it is for our Asian American brothers.  

And I have always chosen to be defiant as well. To be strong is to be free.

所有跟帖: 

真不容易。 不过white blonde woman 不是一样被stereotype。 其实凡是长相出众一点的女生, -gossipgirl8- 给 gossipgirl8 发送悄悄话 gossipgirl8 的博客首页 (115 bytes) () 11/02/2012 postreply 13:54:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”